Skip to main content

international 414

More
14 years 1 month ago #22849 by paul404
international 414 was created by paul404
picked up this little beast a couple of weeks ago. engine was full of water. it came with another engine in pieces but its out of a b250. it also had a rebuild kit with it. i pulled the engine apart finding that all the pistons were missing the bottom oil rings, id say they broke one last time it was re-built. the only bolts that havent been butchered were the sump plug oil filter canister and the fuel filter :D. definatly come off a pineapple farm. was searching for some info on the tractor and found some interesting info and clips :D :D :D :D :D

antiquetractorsforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=16312 need to look down the page ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22850 by paul404

More
14 years 1 month ago #22851 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: international 414
Paul, you,ve filled the shed up, you'll have to extend it LOL.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22852 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: international 414
mate i reckon i could fill up 10 sheds

More
14 years 1 month ago #22853 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: international 414
Paul,

Ive got a manual for a 414 if you need a copy.
My old 414 goes like a rocket.
Glow plug setup is painfull though....one tosses it in and they all go out....mongrel series system.
Dont let it sit for months at a time either without pushing your foot on the clutch.
The second clutch for the PTO has three ears on the driving plate and if the plate gets rusty and sticks you can break an ear off when you lean on the pedal.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

14 years 1 month ago #22854 by
Replied by on topic Re: international 414
The Inter glow plugs on the diesel Inter tractors were a constant source of trouble, and I believe you can modify them to take Toyota 2H diesel glow plugs. I'll get onto the resident Red Rust lover, and get him to post his .02c worth, I'm sure he knows all the fine details.

14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #22855 by
Replied by on topic Re: international 414
O.K., I've nailed down some info. The B-414 was originally produced as a product of the British IH factory at Bradford, and was exported to over 50 countries (including the USA!).

lcata.com/Billscott1.jpg

It was powered with the BD-154 engine (B for British, D for diesel, 154 = cu. inches). This engine is 3.500" bore by 4.00" stroke and produces 43.5HP.

BD-154 tractor engine .. www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/3/...er-b-414-engine.html

The A-414 was produced by the Australian IH factory at Geelong, with a sizeable amount of locally made content in the chassis, but using engines fully imported from Britain (picture shows lineup of partly assembled tractors awaiting export from IHA factory, Geelong, 1966).

The B250 engine is a smaller version of the BD-154, with a 3.375" bore, but the same stroke as the BD-154, to give 144 cu inches and 30HP (model BD-144).

www.tractordata.com/td/003/td3256.html

Just bounced a few emails off the Red Rust lover, and he said all he knew a little about, was the glowplug conversion for the AD-264 in the A-554, A564, and AWD-7 tractors.
He did point me to Wagga Tractor, who are selling the Toyota glowplug conversions for the AD-264 engine, and who are also selling an aftermarket glowplug for the BD-154.
The aftermarket glowplug comes with intensive instructions to ensure that wiring is set up correctly, as the original wiring is resistor wiring, and many tractors have had wiring replaced with straight wiring, so there is a requirement to ensure that there's a resistor in the circuit somewhere to reduce the voltage, or you'll blow your new glowplugs.

BD-154 glowplugs .. cgi.ebay.com.au/Glow-Plug-Kit-Internatio...?hash=item5885909ad2

AWD-7/A-554 glowplug conversion .. cgi.ebay.com.au/Glow-Plug-Kit-Internatio...?hash=item5885a8caf2

More
14 years 1 month ago #22856 by paul404
thanks for the offer baz but ive got a manual coming on cd from Morawa historical society. if its not the goods then ill grab a copy off you. this tractor only has a single stage clutch in it.

thanks for the info ron. i have dealt with Wagga tractor and truck parts for a few items and simon there is spot on. the thrust bearings on the worm gear were non existent. after driving all over town looking for some and being told that you wont get them, i gave him a call and he knew exactly what i wanted and i got some 4 days later. everywhere else said you cant get parts you'll have to buy a new steering box for $700 and they wont be in the country till april.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22857 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: international 414
Paul,

Books here if you need it. :)
There was two types of PTO drive setup for the 414.
Sounds like you have the standard PTO setup. Push your foot on the clutch and both the tractor drive and the PTO disengage together.
Mine has what they call the constant running PTO. Pedal has two positions. Half way down disengages drive clutch, all the way down disengages PTO.
Particuarly good function for haybalers.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22858 by paul404
thanks basil, when i was a kid we had a david brown 30c and a fordson major. when slashing you had to judge when you wanted to stop because when you put your foot on the clutch the slasher would keep pushing you forward. if you got into trouble like a barbed wire fence was approaching rapidly, you would have to pull it out of gear to stop quick. the only problem then is you would have to wait until the slasher stopped to get it back into gear. ;D

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds