Skip to main content

My old fire pump

More
13 years 8 months ago #33156 by carnut1100
My old fire pump was created by carnut1100
Hi everybody!
I have just joined up on here, seems a great site...

Here is one of my non truck related but old thing toys...a little Coventry Climax fire pump I picked up on ebay the other day...
I haven't found out how old it is yet, nor what engine is fitted to it.
I only picked it up on Sunday, and I haven't got a bunch of good photos yet, but here is what I have...

Any ideas on the vintage of the pump, or the origin of the engine?

I have a few other old toys, including a bunch of old Victas and an old chainsaw that hasn't been run for years, and I have a '79 Ford Transit light truck which I am doing up as a rolling resto with light mods.
It's currently inthe garage getting a 5 speed gearbox fitted to it which is a project nearing completion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #33157 by Motu
Replied by Motu on topic Re: My old fire pump
All the Coventry Climax pumps I've seen have the Coventry Climax OHC engine,so surely it is a repower.It doesn't look automotive,so maybe Continental? As in maker,not location.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Motu.

More
13 years 8 months ago #33158 by carnut1100
Replied by carnut1100 on topic Re: My old fire pump
The Coventry OHC engine was only designed inthe ealry '50s...Coventry Climax were doing fire pumps 30+ years before that.
Some had two cylinder sidevalve engines, some had ford sidevalve engines, and many other engines were used.

Of course this could indeed be a repower, but I have been told by others that it is probably pre-war so it could have had any number of different engines on it.
I'll get some decent photos tomorrow of close up.

13 years 8 months ago #33159 by
Replied by on topic Re: My old fire pump
Hi carnut its got a updraugth carby so that makes it pre world war 2. dave

More
13 years 8 months ago #33160 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: My old fire pump
Dave, looks like the club needs to bulk buy those yellow specs Andy is gettin. LOL. The carby is a side draught Solex, same as on my 1950's Thorny's. They might have been available pre war. Can't spot the distributer

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds