Skip to main content

Howard 2000 tractor measurements wanted

More
13 years 4 months ago #39258 by effpeetee
I see that there are a few members with Howard 2000 tractors.

Was wondering if anyone could provide me the measurements for the rear lifting links. I seem to be missing them.

the vertical bars that go from the lifting gear to the horizontal bars, as well as the horizontal bars themselves

parts 1, 2 and 7 shown below, a photo with a ruler alongside will probably be good enough for me to make up something that works.

or if your in WA I could drop in and measure it myself if you're willing.

thanks
Frank (perth, WA)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #39259 by effpeetee
bump..
please..

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #39260 by
bparo (Bruce) has, or had, a Howard 2000. Why don't you send him a PM? I'm sure if he still has it, he'll be able to assist.

A lot of requests are missed when a forum member doesn't look at the forum every day.

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1204192637/5

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 4 months ago #39261 by bparo
my problem at the moment is I am too busy to get into the shed to dig it out! I buried it behind stuff I want to take to the bush block over the XMAS break. So please be patient and once the trailer load of stuff is moved I will take a look

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 4 months ago #39262 by effpeetee
OK I will try and be patient.

5 sleeps till Christmas!

More
13 years 4 months ago #39263 by hoarder1
Have you tried Robert Moore at the Howard Register? You MAY have to pay for the information, but it is worth a try...

www.well-com.net.au/howardregister/mainFrameset.html

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb

More
13 years 4 months ago #39264 by effpeetee
thanks for that hoarder1, I think I will join the register irrespective of whether he can help.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #39265 by bparo
effpeetee Christmas has come early so sharpen your pencil!

the following measurements are in mm with a 4-legged assistant who kep getting between me and the tape measure just as I was trying to read it so they may be out by a mm or so.

1&2 - 440mm X 50mm
7 - 350mm x 40mm
9 260mm
from 9 to top of linkage 100mm
from 9 to1/2 240mm

for the bars on the back
top/bottom bars 33mm
gaps 25mm
middle bar 750mm
from bottom bar to bottom of 9 80mm

I don't have any of the no 11 spacers and just got some bolts to suit from a local bolt bloke.

there is also a 2 point linkage type round bar from the back of the tractor to the holes on top of 9 . it was hard to get into but I estimated it at 30mm

I hope this helps

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by bparo.

More
13 years 4 months ago #39266 by effpeetee
sharpen up the angle grinder and drills I think.

Thanks for that Bruce.

It is only 1, 2, and 7 that I am missing. I will find some bits of wood and make some prototypes to get all the holes and offsets correct and moves properly before I try and make some steel ones.

any idea what the bolt 4,5,6 is meant to do?

Frank

More
13 years 4 months ago #39267 by bparo
bolt 4,5 6 can't be doing much as mine doesn't have them. It doesn't even have the holes they could go through in 1&2 so you could simplify your build by not drilling them

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds