Skip to main content

Tractors

More
14 years 10 months ago #9202 by wouldyou
Tractors was created by wouldyou
Here is a 1927 cross engine Case 18/32 and 1926 Rumely L ready for Dowerin Field Day. The front wheels were this way to get them both on however prior to this the Rumely was backed on, hand clutch & pull back to disengage. The Case lever is forward to stop and guess what I did as the rear wheels rocked over coaming. Fortunately the tie rod took the punishment and was easily straightened. And thats a 110NC Fiat carrying them. David.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9203 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Tractors
and i thought my tractor was old . .

More
14 years 10 months ago #9204 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Tractors
Excellent stuff, David. I'm afraid I'm hopeless with tractors and most often enjoy seeing what's carrying them (like your Fiat). However, thoroughly enjoyed the 'tractor games' at Dubbo's Golden Oldies show last year so should get to some more events like that (tractor pulls always seem to attract yobbos ... maybe I'm just not going to the right ones!).

Never did make it to the Dowerin Field Days. Did visit a chap nearby who, with his Dad, had a great collection of International trucks - KB5 and 1930s C-series to name a couple, IIRC. His Dad used to drive the C to the workshop regularly. I was there looking at some ARs they had for sale. From memory, they were working on a Ford (possibly a D-series, might have been an F800) to haul the slower trucks to Dowerin and the like. This was back in, ah, 2002. That's what I love about country towns - besides living in them - you never know what you're going to find. Wish I'd remembered my camera on that trip.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 10 months ago #9205 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Tractors
geez ya don't see many fee-arts about these days altho there is a bloke here in Tassie that runs a 170 all day everyday carting concrete wall panels...........I didn't think an engine could blow so much black smoke :-/ :-/

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
14 years 10 months ago #9206 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Tractors
Your right there Mr Werkhorse....The old Vatican Macks :D arent to common anymore.
Never had much to do with them but those who have had them reckon they were alright.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9207 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Tractors
i almost bought a fiat nc170 a couple of years back ..they may not be fast but unlike the old fiat cars they seem to be well made ..it even had a bunk in the cab similer to the old mercedes fold down mattress type of bunk

More
14 years 10 months ago #9208 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Tractors
This truck does smoke, as it is not used on long trips much now haven't tried to correct it. It has a Fiat 100 hp tractor motor. We have had 11 tractors since the 50s, still have three in use and they do not smoke, quite reliable machines. The 513 I drove today is 46 years old and the 130 hp one is on lighter work pulling a spray rig and must be nearing 30 so know little about current models. Regards David

More
14 years 10 months ago #9209 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Tractors

This truck does smoke, as it is not used on long trips much now haven't tried to correct it. It has a Fiat 100 hp tractor motor. We have had 11 tractors since the 50s, still have three in use and they do not smoke, quite reliable machines. The 513 I drove today is 46 years old and the 130 hp one is on lighter work pulling a spray rig and must be nearing 30 so know little about current models. Regards David

David,

Was that Fiat tractor a 513R??? I know someone with one and I might get a photo of it for ya!

Joe

More
14 years 10 months ago #9210 by wouldyou
Hello Joe,Hope it's Joe your name's gone! I spent most of today using our 513R so a pic is not really necessary thanks. We had a very welcome opening rain 10 days ago and our sons are busily sowing wheat. From late June last year we had good rains and pasture paddocks had a lot of growth whitch in places drags even with wide tine spacings. With a 40ft set of harrows you travel until they are full of stuff then stop, lift the floats hydraulically move forward stop again lower them and repeat. These windrows are burnt then a run along them to collect anything missed, So that was my Sunday. Regards David.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9211 by wouldyou
Hello Andy, Reading your post again, I know the owners of the Inters at Dowerin. Neal passed away nearly two years ago, as well as using trucks he was one part of Williams and Miller Chamberlain tractor and machinery agents. Geoff still has the trucks.
I feel you can use tractors but at tractor pulls it is near abuse. Regards David.

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds