Skip to main content

Tractors

More
14 years 10 months ago #9212 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Tractors
Thanks David. Sorry to hear Neal is no longer with us.

Glad to hear you got some good rain. Most welcome.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #9213 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Tractors
Today 5th July, Preparing ground for seeding at Dalwallinu, not no till!
Chamberlain conversion 354 Perkins, John Deere R, Fordson P6, Allis M, Caterpillar 22 and Fowler VF David.

More
14 years 9 months ago #9214 by wouldyou
International combine seeder used to sow the wheat, 1920's vintage. A nice restoration by David and Geoff Roach of Dalwallinu.

More
14 years 9 months ago #9215 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Tractors
Phwoar. Looks like you blokes had fun.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

14 years 9 months ago #9216 by
Replied by on topic Re: Tractors
Werkhorse is right .. the ole Fee-art trucks are practically history. You've been struggling to get parts for them for the last 10 or 15 years. They sold a few here in W.A., and there's a mob right next to the GreenDog Truck Depot in Embleton that sold parts for, and serviced Fee-arts for quite a long time .. but I seem to recall they've pretty much given up on them, there must only be a dozen left running in West Oz.
I did some dozer driving work for a bunch of dinky-di Eye-Ties, back in 1997 .. Lucchesi is their name .. just East of Kulin. The Lucchesi boys like their Eye-Tie stuff .. but they like Cats and Scanias too. Anyway, they have (still got, I think), an FD-20 Fiat-Allis dozer (Iveco engine), and their float truck was/is an NC170.
I drove the ole NC-170 a bit, for the 8 weeks I was working for them, and I was quite impressed with it. It pulled well, and drove well, and wasn't too bad an ole rig at all.
Mind you, the Lucchesi's had owned it from new, and it wasn't abused, and had done 95% bitumen work, so it wasn't a hard-worked truck by any stretch of the imagination.
All the Fiats I've ever seen working, and had anything to do with, were quite robust rigs, be it dozers, trucks or tractors.

David, that's a couple of nice old antiques you got there. I never cease to be amazed at the really old equipment that appears at the likes of Dowerin and other local shows.

More
14 years 9 months ago #9217 by wouldyou
Hello onetrack, Re Fiat parts Recichis in Bayswater have satisfied our needs so far most recently a rebuilt diff.some motors are common with tractors for which New Holland cater. Our truck is in the worthless zone, not old or interesting enough to be a restoration project. I have more tractors that age, they are behind the Guy truck pic David.

14 years 9 months ago #9218 by
David do you need some info on the GUY truck .Dave

More
14 years 9 months ago #9219 by wouldyou
Hello Dave, What Guy info have you? My truck was bought new by our neighbour and ended its life being used as a ramp, pushed into the shed with loader so guards suffered. I have its complete tool kit also parts book for truck, parts and service books for motor. I have read that Jaguar took over Guy and later British Leyland absorbed them, would that be correct? Regards David.

More
14 years 9 months ago #9220 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Tractors
There were a couple of articles on the hsitory of Guy in " Heritage Commercials" the Pommie magazine, but I dont think they were very common over here.

14 years 9 months ago #9221 by
G'Day David

Guy trucks were available until 1982 in the UK.
The final models were 'J', such as J4T, and others.
I worked in Truck Sales for a Leyland Dealer in Oxford in around 1974-75 and actually Sold 1 NEW !!
My memories of the truck were :
A vertical standing/sitting driving position.
A heavily knurled Gear Knob, that gave blisters after an hour or so.
It did not seem to matter if the trucks were empty or fully loaded the performance was painfully slow, the ride was terrible and the steering was manual and almost impossible when manoeuvring slowly.

For more details on Guy :
www.petergould.co.uk/local_transport_his...rers/chassis/guy.htm

I hope this is of interest to you.

Cheers :)

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds