Skip to main content

1949 Morris commercial door handle nano window winder removal

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
7 years 8 months ago #173183 by Anonymous
I am restoring a 1949 Morris commercial and I cannot seem to find a way to get the window and door handles off. Is there anyone how has done this before that could give some advise. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #173195 by Claire
Hi,
We're half way through restoring our 1948 Austin K2, which is similar in design I think. so hopefully this might help.

The inner door handles were unscrewed, but the square bar had rusted slightly and was simply stuck inside the outer door handle, so it took a lot of gentle pressure to break the seal.
The winding mechanism is then unscrewed from its anchor points and can be removed by ensuring the glass is fully wound up and then sliding the mechanism arm to the left or right, which disengages it from the glass runner.
The glass is then pulled down and should slip out the bottom opening, after disengaging it from between the guide rails which also need to be unscrewed and then eased apart.
The guide rails can then be fully removed by locating and removing a further 3 or 4 small screws, which are inside the centre of the guide rail and hard to find if you have the felt insert.

If that design sounds similar to yours, I can send you a copy of my maintenance manual page if that would help.

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sargehayseedjimbo51
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds