Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Reply: Logging in?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of :

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
02 Aug 2017 19:40 #185584

werkhorse

All seems good tonight ..... I only tried the once last time ... and used the same password which worked tonight ..... maybe I wasn't holding my mouth right LOL
02 Aug 2017 16:43 #185567

Gryphon

werkhorse wrote: Well... Tonight I fired up the computer... Asked me to log in.... Normally my browser remembers me... Typed it all in and now it's blocked me because "The System has determined something is wrong and has blocked your access for a period of time"

First time it's ever done that... In all the years I've been here

I did put up a post a month or so ago saying that people may get blocked if they have more than five tries to login with an incorrect password. It is a new'ish security measure to stop the automated processes, bots, from being able to have to many goes at guessing a password and gaining access. The block only last for an hour the first time but it will prevent all access, even just viewing, to the website and forum. After your hour in the sin bin is up you have 5 more attempts to remember your password.

Terry
31 Jul 2017 22:09 #185515

Sarge :-X

Terry will know much more about your woes than me, I had a similar problem when I got a new PC, it would not let me login no matter what. Bruce sent me some instructions, to do with the firewall/antivirus thingo.... but still had access at all my work computers some managed to do nothing... now 5 months later, no more work and the home computer is all happy with me. And I did nothink.... Previously with logging in on lots of computers I would fall off one or more at the same time... So maybe you have got login overload too.

Werk, you only have to start worrying when you find you have been banned.... I was banned, no idea why, lucky I could email my Bro and ask him to ask someone to "please explain"" .... it was a mystery to all, and I was re-instated.... Ya gotta be bad to be banned..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :woohoo:
31 Jul 2017 18:35 #185508

werkhorse

But it's all sweet on my phone now....
31 Jul 2017 18:34 #185507

werkhorse

Well... Tonight I fired up the computer... Asked me to log in.... Normally my browser remembers me... Typed it all in and now it's blocked me because "The System has determined something is wrong and has blocked your access for a period of time"

First time it's ever done that... In all the years I've been here
31 Jul 2017 10:05 #185496

wee-allis

Fixed it. re-registered with new pass word and she's apples.
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558