Skip to main content

Austin 245F (I think, has one badge driverside) Located in SA

• Jay
  • Topic Author
5 years 11 months ago #192919 by Jay
Hi all,

REPOSTING as it didn't work out for the last person interested, took some time to get there but was all too hard in the end for him ;) I have been unable to get a response out of email too Bob (Claire) that I have sent a while ago, so try again here.
I will just copy and paste the previous posting back in 2016 I really would like it to go to someone rather than scrap...

Wondering if anyone would have an interest in a very old Austin 245F I think it is truck. It is actually an old John Martin delivery truck is about all the history I know about it.
My Dad got it off a friend who used it to clear his shack out when floods or high river was going to happen on the Murray and get into the shack.
We have also used for the same purpose but it not been used in years (until now) have currently got gear in the back for current Murray situation, but once all over will sort out gear and want to move the truck on.

Now it is not in very great condition, but it is all there and I have certainly seen way worse in cars that ended up restored.

I did get it start some years ago, but carby is a leaker, gaskets etc, all dried out and we move it with a fuel can inside gravity feed to carb, do not know if fuel pump works or not.
I have a feeling from memory it did have a slight miss in it, could be stuck valve? The radiator also from memory leaks, the brakes did sort of work last time I moved it driving but I seem to recall they do not have brake fluid in there it is something thicker so no guarantee there as they do not work now, the pedal just goes to floor, Master still looked to have some fluid in it but I know now more?

It steers (as well as they do) and it still has tyres on it all round that are mostly still up, but very cracked, last time I blew air in some was 5 years ago. We have towed it out of our riverside property with our Holden Colorado to higher ground for now, so it does roll ;)

Anything else anyone wants to know get in touch I'll answer as best I can.. my email is - wongulla at bigpond dot com... (done like this so no automatic email bots get my email address)

Unfortunately, we totally lost our shack late last year to a fire that started next door, leveled our place theirs and one other shack. Lost the keys for this truck among everything else.
I am not looking for big bucks (couple cartons of Coopers Pale Ale beer or a bottle of Jacks will do me ;) if it is of any use to anyone for parts, bits and pieces or whatever for a project, that works just fine with me. Otherwise it will go for scrap value, which would be a shame as I can bet there will be someone that can use bits or make a project of it.
Just arrange for it to be transported where ever and it is yours. It is located on the river obviously and it is a small place that most never heard of, but it is just upstream of Walker Flat.
With what we will rebuild at some stage we will have no further real need for it as we will build higher.

wongulla@hotmail.com

Photos I do have of it, and yes it is painted green, it blended in when stored up in back yard :)

i68.tinypic.com/2r29lcx.jpg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sargehayseedjimbo51
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds