Skip to main content

62/63 Austin Truck for sale

• Jodie Brooks
  • Topic Author
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #202339 by Jodie Brooks
62/63 Austin Truck for sale was created by Jodie Brooks
I have an old 1962/3 Austin truck that I am looking to sell, the body of the truck is in great condition, mechanically it was being started up and driven (short distances to keep it running) up to 4 years ago (I divorced and cannot drive the truck so I have not been able to do this) however it does need the water pump rebuilt.
I did have historical plates on it and was club registered up until 3 1/2-4 years ago but as I cannot drive it I did not continue membership with the club and renew it.
The truck has been in the family since new and has been kept in
a warehouse or shed since new.
It has also spent a few years in a truck museum until they rotated their stock.
I have included a picture below, I do have more and can take as many as you need or would like.
The truck is located at my property in Kurrajong NSW.
The reason I am selling the truck is I am looking to downsize and move off property so will not have the room to keep the truck once I do.
I am looking to list it for $24,000 and will consider reasonable offers.
I can be contacted here via email or my mobile is 0439 330 300

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Gryphon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202377 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic 62/63 Austin Truck for sale
It looks very smart. Would make a great motorhome and vehicle for towing other exhibits to truck shows, Unfortunately it is way outside my budget and I am having to downsize, not add to my collection. The waterpump on these is easily rebuilt and glands, etc. readily available.

There is no reason that the lady can not drive it. It is just like a car, only a bit bigger and heavier in every dimention. Years ago, I had a mate's 5 ton Bedford in my driveway and my Wife could not wait for me to move it out of the way, so she took our two daughters to school in it. She had never driven a heavy vehicle before and did not have a truck licence. Older Daughter made mum drop them off a block away from school because she did not want friends to see her in a truck!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, ianoz

• Jo Brooks
  • Topic Author
4 years 7 months ago #202405 by Jo Brooks
Replied by Jo Brooks on topic 62/63 Austin Truck for sale
You need an MR licence to drive it, which I don’t have as well as the experience with double clutching as is common with older trucks I’m told ... again I don’t have so best not to start driving it at this point.
My email is brooks051@bigpond.com , should anyone wish to contact me or mobile in the initial post.
Thank you

More
4 years 7 months ago #202406 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic 62/63 Austin Truck for sale
Yea, another FG on this site, albeit without the knee height windows . . . ;)

$24000!? Anybody want mine for $2400 - not as neat as this one though :blush:

More
4 years 4 months ago #204170 by Alexm1
Replied by Alexm1 on topic 62/63 Austin Truck for sale

Alex

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds