Skip to main content

XY 4x4 Value?

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
4 years 5 months ago #203993 by Anonymous
XY 4x4 Value? was created by Anonymous
I stumbled across a very rusty, but straight XY 4X4 in a remote location, not sure on mechanical but i was told it was driven there.
Whats its value?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #204001 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic XY 4x4 Value?
These Wotzitworth threads are a Can Of worms mate,,

It's worth Anything from what the Local Scrappy offers for It, all the way Up t o the sky's the limit...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
4 years 5 months ago #204004 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic XY 4x4 Value?

hayseed wrote: These Wotzitworth threads are a Can Of worms mate,,

It's worth Anything from what the Local Scrappy offers for It, all the way Up t o the sky's the limit...

Yep pretty much as Seed described

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
4 years 5 months ago #204006 by dno
Replied by dno on topic XY 4x4 Value?
Ebay would be my suggestion, put it up for auction with a stupid researve on it. If it's a factory jigger you may be shocked at what its worth, even as a parts pig.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com

More
4 years 5 months ago #204012 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic XY 4x4 Value?
2 restored examples have changed hands at around $45,000 to $48,000 in the last 18 months or so. Subtract from that the amount you need to spend to restore it. Without seeing how bad the rust actually is my ballpark figure is around the $2000 to $3000 based on what I have seen other falcons of that vintage go for.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
4 years 5 months ago #204029 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic XY 4x4 Value?
If it’s genuine it’s worth a lot even rusty alone for the compliance plate alone , I think from a cloudy brain Ford only made under 200 , I know they were made in Sydney not Melbourne as u would expect...

More
4 years 5 months ago #204032 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic XY 4x4 Value?
This is probably original. Having Jeep CJ6 running gear I have seen a few "replicas" around.

If you are so inclined It might be worth the effort to convert a standard ute with the current insane prices for originals.

I think there might be a lot more Falcon GT replicas than were ever built in the factory. Even replicas bring big prices. They dress them up as "tribute" cars - a rose by any other name.

Lang

More
4 years 5 months ago #204034 by John D
Replied by John D on topic XY 4x4 Value?
I think there was about 400 to 450 built in Brisbane by Ford and if my memory serves me right a company named Shute Upton Engineering was involved as they had assembled Jeeps for Willys Australia from the late fifties until the sevenities. BIDSTBC by someone with a better memory. Regards John

More
4 years 5 months ago #204036 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic XY 4x4 Value?
HI,

I believe there were also a very small number, single digit, created for the military for testing that didn't have plates on them and were supposed to have been destroyed but I saw one at a media blasting business about 15 years ago where the owner told me about how several of them got smuggled out of the way of the crusher.

Terry

More
4 years 5 months ago #204042 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic XY 4x4 Value?
Have chucked a query up on the Australian Ford Forums, will see what the come back with
Cheers Steve

Moderators: Sargehayseedjimbo51
Time to create page: 0.554 seconds