Skip to main content

Tube to tubeless conversion acco 1730B

• Tom
  • Topic Author
4 years 2 days ago #208896 by Tom
Hi all,

I currently have a 1978 acco 1730b with 9.00r20 (7"wide rim) tube spider demountable rims, I am wanting to change to 11r22.5 tubeless. And I need some advise.

I have test fitted a 11r22.5 worn out tyre with a 8.25"rim on the front axle, at full right hand lock it clears the drag link by about 10-15mm. Will this be enough or will I need an reverse offset rim? Am I better of sticking with the 9.00's.( the front axle is a 6 spoke spider)

Regarding the rear axle it is an eaton no4 two speed. I haven't test fit a set off 11r22.5 tyres but it looks like I might run out of room or be very close fit between the chassis/leaf spring and the side wall of the tyre.

The main reason for the change is to get rid of the tubes, as I had to do a puncture repair due to a piece of rust flake on the sidewall, and it is something that I would like to avoid in the future. Also the 11r22.5's seem a little cheaper, as I am looking to replace the full set of drives and steers.

I have searched the internet and have seen similar truck withe the 11r22.5, I'm just not sure if special offset rims are used. And I want to make sure it will all work before I start spending money. Thanks

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 days ago #208898 by Gryphon
Please remember any replies need to be manual approved by a moderator before they will appear on your page....Terry

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 2 days ago #208900 by Swishy
Tom
gudday m8

RE: I have test fitted a 11r22.5 worn out tyre with a 8.25"rim on the front axle,
Take th@ tyre n rim n put on the drive rear axle n see how much clearance U got fromt the spring pak
U may have to turn the bolts around on the flat 'U' bolt doodadd that keeps the sprink pak in lign ..... or cut the emd of thread off so it dun fowl the tyre

RE: at full right hand lock it clears the drag link by about 10-15mm.
Any clearance is better than no clearance @ all ... wen on full lock U wont B doin 100 but probly walkin speed

If U can get them to fit try usein common garden variety tubless rims as off set rims will cost more and may not suitable for all round the complete truck

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
4 years 2 days ago #208934 by Mrsmackpaul
Im pretty sure Swishman is onto it
I believe standard tubeless rims will be fine

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
4 years 2 days ago #208948 by JOHN.K.
Be careful ,even a shiny patch on the drag link is a defect and big fine ,so make sure a bit of tyre runout wont touch it.

Moderators: Sargehayseedjimbo51
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds