Skip to main content

Fill's Bedford

More
6 years 10 months ago #183134 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fill's Bedford
Very flash Fill
When cut the wood out in the hurdle for the rear window are you gunna loose your name ?????

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #183206 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
Hi all started back on my brakes after about 4 months been under the pump but mainly PISSED OFF with them, went to bolt on the first cylinder , thought I had the right socket but it just spun as it turned out the thread was striped in the cast iron. I fixed it as the photo shows, but was wondering when they test them do they bolt them down as they might have over tightened it and said nothing. I guess i will never no. At some stage I will put together all the problems I have had with the brakes. Cheers Fill
[img
100_2916 by fill quinn , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 10 months ago #183208 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Fill's Bedford
Fill
Gudday M8
U'll get there
Time iz on your side
Dont try n pump the brakes with out the brake drum fitted
or u'll pop the pistons etc n Brake fluid will B all over the Mrs lounge carpet
cya
§

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 10 months ago #183209 by Fill
Hi Mrsmackpaul I did think of that the truck came with no inside mirror I thought that if I put one in I can shuffle the boards around thanks for your interest Cheers Fill

More
6 years 9 months ago #183446 by Fill
Hi all very annoyed or you could say pissed off.
As you know I have been working on my brakes, I will give you at rough out line: being not flush with cash I was saving up and putting off doing the brakes while I was doing other things on the truck. July last year,(nearly 12 months ago) I put them in to get done, sleeved master cylinder and wheel cylinders and reline all the shoes. It took about 4 months to get them back. I then put them on -there was a few missing parts and some things put together wrong. Every cylinder leaked some were, including the master as you have seen in earlier posts mucking up my paint. I was going away for Christmas so I did not have time to take the parts off, when I got back, the paint was worse. I could not bring my self to look at or do anything for 2 months. I got a rush of blood and took all the parts off and back. When I got the parts back and fitted them, every thing was still leaking the same. There were a lot of things done wrong (too big a list to type). I have lost all faith in the place that I was getting them done at. They said that they would fix them but I said "no" and have decided to cut my losses ($1,500). I am in the process of taking every thing off again and am going to ship it to Adelaide. A lot of time and cash wasted, thanks for taking the time to read this Cheers Fill

More
6 years 9 months ago #183448 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Fill's Bedford
Hi Fill, mate, a sad story for you. I have had a couple of Albion wheel cylinders resleeved and new seals, still had a slight leak. Maybe they are sometimes not all they are cracked up to be. I hope you get it sorted.

All the best.
Paul

More
6 years 9 months ago #183453 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fill's Bedford
well no good at all there should be plenty of brake places around to sleeve brake cylinders
If it was me I would still go back to the same place and give them another go and maybe stay and watch them work on these so you can see if they even check there work
And if third time is the trick you havent blown your $1500.00

Not knowing what part of this wide brown land your in, I do know in Victoria there is a thing called VCAT Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal
If the claim is under $1o,000.00 you get to put your case to a Magistrate as does the brake place, no legal eagles are allowed and you must abide by the magistrates decision, I think the total cost was $45.00 15 years ago and the courts will order what has to be done and if the either of the sides refuse to do it the court will follow it up
I used this for a effluent pump on the dairy farm 15 years ago now and the thing finally got fixed after 12 months, they strung us along till it was out of warranty and never fixed it properly in that time
The funny thing was once it was fixed properly it never gave any trouble again so my mind still boggles as to why it was just never fixed right to start with

So maybe your state has a similar thing but I think it has to get to the stage of them refusing to look at it before the VCAT mob will take it on which is what happened to us

So my advice is gather up the parts take them back set your iphone on to record and be polite and just be patient you may be surprised at the out come, if you dont feel comfortable having them fix them or work on them any more just say so and ask for your money back
If they still want to try and work with you and fix the problems well that might be your best option
If they refuse to help look at the VCAT option in your state the worst case scenario is you either get your money back or you get your brakes fixed either one is better outcome than you have now

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 9 months ago #183460 by Fill
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies Paulc2o and Mrsmackpaul. Being a small builder I am a bit understanding of the spare parts guy -he is the man in the middle (he being like a small builder). He sent them out to four places, one has gone bust like a lot of small businesses. The parts guy was stuck in the middle and will end up being the one paying. Not really his fault, is that fair? I have been dealing with him for four years with no problems. It has been nearly twelve months and I am over it.
That is why I am putting it all behind me and moving on.
Thanks interest again Cheers Fill

More
6 years 9 months ago #183465 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Fill's Bedford
I have been told by a restorer of concours- winning vehicles (the most pedantic person I know) that silicone brake fluid will weep out between the sleeve and the cast part. It will also make short work of pressure type brake switches not rated for it.

I know you didn't mention silicon fluid, but one to watch.

Sad that this has happened to you, but you will be glad you persevered :)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 9 months ago #183466 by Diggerdave
Replied by Diggerdave on topic Fill's Bedford
Bad news Fill,
Leaves a bad taste in you mouth But you gotta look forward
Cause you can't see the sun when your crying,
Be worse if you're on the road and they failed
Cheers Diggerdave

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds