Skip to main content

R180 Restoration

More
8 years 11 months ago #157927 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic R180 Restoration
nah mate we didnt think youd been having a bludge just thought you chucked a wobbly for calling it a dunny truck :D :D

Panel work and Paul dont mix and apperantly I cant spray paint either words like a balloon full of paint and Mr Bean spring to mind for me so body work on all my toys looks like crap because if I try it will look even worse

Keep up the good work Colin you doing a lot better job than I could

seeya

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #157928 by HARDSHAR
Replied by HARDSHAR on topic R180 Restoration
Hi Colin you could pay someone to do the work but there is far more satisfaction doing it yourself. You are doing a good job, keep it up. It also inspires others to have a go themselves.
Cheers Kevin.

More
8 years 10 months ago #157929 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic R180 Restoration
Colin,
It's coming along nicely.
Have to agree with Kevin re satisfaction, the imperfections you see now seem to fade over time.
Cheers, David.

More
8 years 10 months ago #157930 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic R180 Restoration
Thanks for the encouragement boys as I know there will be more satisfaction in doing it your self, just don't rush it, if the preparation not right the last coat of paint won't fix it.

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
8 years 9 months ago #157931 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic R180 Restoration
Well back on the job again, been a bit disheartened about the whole painting job as I thought that I could do better than I had done,

This is not good enough it's a bit hard to see in the photos it's got dark and light stripes, that what happens when you use a panel beater that works for nothing ;) ;)

But yesterday oldest son came in to see what going on, seening nothing said the speed your going it be another 5 years before it's finished, so in the car and down to Shepparton, had a good chat to Carl at where I bought the paint at Walls and Windows[don't know why it's called that but they sell paint automotive and house] ended up buying a new spray gun, wacko what a difference. You spend 3 to 4 hundred on paint and you have a $50 spray gun you have had for 20 or so years

$100 spray gun and a $14 pressure control

So son came in this morning and we gave every thing a rub back with 2000 grit paper and resprayed every thing I had painted

Now I have stoped dreamin and doin again.

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
8 years 9 months ago #157932 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic R180 Restoration
Buck up Colin it's an old truck anything we do now is always going to look better than in the day,I reckon it looks great keep up the good work cheers Chris

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
8 years 9 months ago #157933 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic R180 Restoration
Looking good Colin. I bought a HVLP (high volume low pressure) spray gun a while ago and love it...less spray drift and use all the paint in the canister. (unlike suction type)
What I need now is a pressure guage on the gun inlet like you have.

Hey detective Phil, care to comment on this?

More
8 years 9 months ago #157934 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic R180 Restoration
ah the modern world it seem's even a trades man can blame his tools these days

I feel for you Colin spray painting and me dont mix Mal Schacintosh always laughs at any attempt I have had at spraying

For me a brush and roller always seems to work

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #157935 by defective
Replied by defective on topic R180 Restoration

Looking good Colin. I bought a HVLP (high volume low pressure) spray gun a while ago and love it...less spray drift and use all the paint in the canister. (unlike suction type)
What I need now is a pressure guage on the gun inlet like you have.

Hey detective Phil, care to comment on this?

..Hi Tacho Geoff .. we've been chattin' away on another thread about acrylic lacquer and its durability ...but also with all the elbow grease that goes with it! ;D...

...pretty sure it's in the dreamers/doers thread ??
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 9 months ago #157936 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic R180 Restoration

ah the modern world it seem's even a trades man can blame his tools these days

I feel for you Colin spray painting and me dont mix Mal Schacintosh always laughs at any attempt I have had at spraying

For me a brush and roller always seems to work

Paul

One of my Stude's was painted by a roller by my grandfather in the 70's. Straight on top of the fibreglass matting.......
When I was a kid, you couldn't lean on it - you would get blue powder all over you!

Restored in the 80's, it needs doing again. Even the ASW will go before that one.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds