Skip to main content

Austin 245F

More
7 years 1 month ago #180451 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Austin 245F
Seeing that your wife has bought a Holden Cruze, it might be a smart move to keep the Cruiser on Stand by.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #180457 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Austin 245F
I like the comment overnite, funny :lol:

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #180509 by PDU
With the acquisition of another caravan (the latest/last home on wheels?) the powers that be (SWMBO) ordained that the truck had to exit from the "caravan shed"! :whistle: Actually, the move was common sense as the van is a tad more valuable than the truck after all.
Consequently (despite only becoming mobile for the first time a few days ago) the move into the carport alongside was priority number one for today. All was accomplished with minimal fuss - purring along, forward, backward, forward, backward, and slotted! I was surprised by the trucks maneuverability, less so with the Armstrong steering. :sick:
ALSO Full marks to BMC design moguls with the "threepenny bit" cab design - I can attest to the fact that dismounting in the somewhat tight conditions was easily accomplished (barely 3" between the tray and the carport wall); decidedly more so than squeezing past the front half of the cab! :blush:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by PDU.

More
7 years 1 month ago #180511 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Austin 245F
You've done well I reckon it always feels good to achieve something a lot things take me years to get done as bills and other stuff gets in the way of things

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
7 years 1 month ago #180512 by PDU
We have been in this house nearly four years now and the cars have been taking a long rest between anything happening while the place has been tidied up somewhat, extended, added to, modified, improved, made comfortable AND there is still more to be done!
Why would I even contemplate playing with a truck? I must be crazy? :silly:
Meanwhile my wife's Herald is slowly coming together, but far, far, slower than I've ever been before; I think age is taking its toll? Built from two cars; one poorly modified; and a second which had been a garden ornament and kids playhouse for many years!?
My Trimodore was another sideways wander into why not territory and resulted in me fitting a Commodore V6 into a "spare parts" Triumph 2000 - simply because I had never seen one fitted in a Triumph before (and I had a perfectly good P76 V8 and auto I could have fitted with far less drama!) :unsure:
And then there's the other two Triumph's, one of which is a quite rare Managing Director's Special complete with triple carbs instead of twins and a few other niceties. On historic rego and due to go on this year's Kernewek Lowender weekend.
AND my poor old '52 Humber Super Snipe, waiting in the wings for me to get back to it, despite my stumbling on to about a dozen or so Triumphs since it went into dry dock.

I need help, serious help . . . :blink: :dry: :woohoo:

My wife has been telling me this for decades now. :blush:

More
7 years 1 week ago #181536 by PDU
Very little happening with Austin, instead the lean-to carport is now being extended out to bring it level with front of caravan shed. (Another home improvement job!!!) :S
At least the tray makes a good work platform, and ensures truck doesn't sulk from current level of neglect(?) as it trundles back and forth. Roller door to come . . .
Meanwhile, 180+ kilometres south, I have managed to move my mate's identical Austin from where it has been sitting for the last year or so, despite the shed floor being deep gravel - first and second gear had to be used very carefully to avoid digging holes and to stop the truck's attempts to bury itself!
Left him planning to look at the brakes that are no longer holding pressure (he's not keen on moving it without any; perhaps I'm getting used to it with mine?
Side thought: Anyone got some NOS brake hoses for a 245F? :dry:

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #182564 by PDU
Carport extension just about finished, at last, and Austin's new home; only needs a bit of paint now. :dry:

A bit like my truck, money spent was under $100, including the roller door. :huh: Must check on my parentage, Scottish? Jewish? Skinflint, or simple tight arse?! :blush:
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan

More
6 years 11 months ago #182568 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Austin 245F
Resourceful is much kinder than tight arse, well done anyway.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #182660 by PDU
Actually, I like that 600Dodge,

"Resourceful" - hmmm?

Perhaps I should keep that in mind for the future, or maybe put it in my resume; the one that I don't really need anymore? :blush: :dry:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by PDU.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182697 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Austin 245F
I was sort of thinking that come that time, on your headstone, it would be nicer to see resourceful rather than tight arse.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds