Skip to main content

Diamond Reo info

More
7 years 1 month ago #179922 by Linz1607
Diamond Reo info was created by Linz1607
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking and researching old trucks for quite a while now. I am looking at buying a resto project and have a few questions.
1 Where abouts will I find the chassis number and other build details for a 1968 Diamonf Reo? I assume there will be a build tag maybe on the firewall? And a number stamped in the rail somewhere. From reading the forum i understand that the records for White trucks might be available, so I will request this info , when I know the numbers.
2 The truck has. 6 cyl petrol motor and a 5 x 4 twin stick g/box, does this sound right for the year?
3 is there any particular spots to look for rust, the motor does need a rebuild, which I am OK with, it's the major Sheetmetal repairs that worry me.
4 what would the weight of this truck be? It's a bogies drive, ex tipper, body removed.

Looking forward to any answers , questions or general comments.

This will be my first truck resto, I have rebuilt a 1939 Indian, and had old Monaros and Camaros, all long gone, luckily I have a big shed and an understanding wife, and an old Truckie as a father. dad drove an R190 between Newcastle and Qld general freight.

Lindsay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #179951 by Linz1607
Replied by Linz1607 on topic Diamond Reo info
Anyone got any comments ? also keen to know what type of motor this would be , i know its a 6cyl petrol, i cant seem to get any info of 6cyl petrol truck engines of that era?

Lindsay
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Linz1607. Reason: spelling

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #179952 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Diamond Reo info
Lindsay, There are a couple of Forum Members Who will no doubt be able to help you. But they're not on here on a real regular basis, They may chime in, in the next Week or So.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by hayseed.

More
7 years 1 month ago #179959 by Linz1607
Thanks hayseed, i'm keen to know more , i have trawled thru many pages on the forum, and i know you guys out there have a wealth of knowledge.

More
7 years 1 month ago #179960 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Diamond Reo info
Linz, welcome aboard, how about a photo or twenty, that tends to get the peoples talkin' I have snuck a look at the bible....
the only petrol it lists is for a model C10164D... 40HP.... GVW 348 CWT (3 AXLE RIGID) GCW 535 & GTW 535 CWT. ENGINE NUMBER somthing like 6/170/333296 left side of block next to distributer.
chassis number 584639 right rail at front.

Hope that helps. my Bible is from 1970, so there is a small chance of some variation.

As for tinware, theres bloks on here who have never before touched a welder doing awesome cut and fits into cuves and rolls.... you will get the help for that here too...

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
7 years 1 month ago #179961 by Linz1607
Thanks Sarge, Ill post some pics for sure, once i buy the truck, i,m still negotiating and checking it out. Thanks once again, ill let you know what i find. FYI there is a nice Atkinson with a GM for sale on Gumtree at the moment.

More
7 years 1 month ago #179964 by Linz1607
I got a chassis number of 95111 or maybe 9s111, and an Eng number of 6-200 293031.

More
7 years 1 month ago #179973 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Diamond Reo info
What little I can find it looks like a 400 cube 200 hp and related to their earlier engines.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linz1607

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #179977 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Diamond Reo info
Welcome Lindsay Im not gunna be any help with much of what your chasing
I can give you the specs for them from old Truck and Bus magazine

If you cant read this Lindsay you should be able to save it and then blow it up on your picture thing on the computer

If that doesnt work Im fresh out of ideas ;)

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Mrsmackpaul.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #179985 by Foden Delta
Replied by Foden Delta on topic Diamond Reo info

Linz1607 wrote: Anyone got any comments ? also keen to know what type of motor this would be , i know its a 6cyl petrol, i cant seem to get any info of 6cyl petrol truck engines of that era?

Sounds like a Reo Gold Comet 6-200 engine to me

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Foden Delta.

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds