Skip to main content

Diamond Reo info

More
7 years 1 month ago #180157 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Diamond Reo info

Mrsmackpaul wrote:

hayseed wrote:

grandad wrote: Was it a Cummins V8 converted to run on petrol?

Grandad, I'm pretty sure it was the other way around ( & not a Cummins)..

I guess I could cheat & google It....

Grand dad is right it was the triple 555 made into a diesel or maybe one of the earlier 185 V8's but of that family and was a flop from what I have been told

Paul

Yeah Paul, I was thinking of the Chev V8 Diesel engine which was a Petrol Engine converted to Diesel..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #180160 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Diamond Reo info
There isn't any interchangeable parts between chev V8 petrols and diesels, maybe you are thinking of the oldsmobile 5.7 litre petrol and diesel?

More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #180660 by Linz1607
Replied by Linz1607 on topic 1968? Diamond Reo
Hi Folks
Please see attached picture of my truck, from what i have been told it was an Agi and then a tipper for a short time and worked out of Sydney. Can anyone identify the company it might have come from by the Blue and white colours? The truck was originally delivered in red, and was painted over only on the outside, so the engine bay and cabin are all still the origonal colour. As some members commented on earlier rust in chassis could be an issue, i can confirm that there is some flaking rust in between the top flanges of both the c sections, however it hasnt spread to the vertical faces, that are all still straight and parallel (no bulging). I have a 100 and one questions to ask the knowledgeable guys on the forum, so ADMIN , is this section the best one to add to, or should i put the pictures and questions in the restoration section.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by hayseed. Reason: inserted Pic

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #180662 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic 1968? Diamond Reo

Linz1607 wrote: ADMIN , is this section the best one to add to, or should i put the pictures and questions in the restoration section.

Mate, I've moved this & spliced It into the thread you already have running in the resto section..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linz1607

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #180676 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic 1968? Diamond Reo
The company was Hymix,and they had plants at Pyrmont,North ryde Asquith(Hornsby) and Seven Hills. I was at The Asquith one in the early 70's and there was one very similar to the one in the picture,and was powered by a 160 Cummins from memeory. Cheers Don

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #180687 by Linz1607
Hi Don thanks for that info, this truck still has the original 6-200 petrol motor.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #180709 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic 1968? Diamond Reo
Can confirm Oldons Hymix ex ownership. I had a mate drive that exact type of truck for them out of their yard at Pendle Hill.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #180994 by Linz1607
Hi guys , a question.
Starting stripping down the rear brakes and noticed that the bleed nipple is on the top connection off the bottom slave cylinder, seems back to front and I'm contemplating running new brake lines (since the nipples are rusted in) and swapping positions to at least put the bleed nipple on the top slave cylinder. I.e highest point to assist with bleeding.Anyone see a problems with this new arrangement.? Apart from a heap of grease, worn seal area worm drums and worn shoes the brakes are great! On the flip side the front end (wedge style brakes) are in good condition, some new cups and seal on the actuators and a re-grease all that's needed. Anyone suggest a good supplier of steel pipe and fittings?
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Linz1607. Reason: New info

More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #181246 by Linz1607
Replied by Linz1607 on topic Diamond Reo info
Hi fellas does anyone have any details on 30 000lb eaton diffs, ie wheel end drawings or how the bogie diff lock works?
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Linz1607.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #181250 by scratcha
Replied by scratcha on topic 1968? Diamond Reo
Gday, I just bought the tubing etc from ABS.

Not dear, and they offered to do the double flares for me (at a cost)

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds