Skip to main content

Army Dodge AT4-114

More
5 years 3 months ago #197869 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Army Dodge AT4-114
Hi,

in yesterdays post you mention fitting some headlight relays, if you are playing with 12 volts I fit these New Era items to my cars as they are simple and much tidier looking than all those wires and relays. If you have four lights just fit two units. Inside they are more or less two relays and two fuses.

www.google.com/search?q=new+era+headligh...EAE&biw=1680&bih=914

You simply cut into the hi/lo beam wire going to headlights and attach the four wires to the outside terminals, earth one terminal and find a wire to the battery for the last terminal and it is all done.

Terry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #198053 by Dodgeydude
Replied by Dodgeydude on topic Army Dodge AT4-114
Thanks Terry, I got one of those fused relays from Jaycar and wired it in easy. I will try it out tomorrow night. The speedo cable has proved to be a bit harder. I could not get to the box end from underneath, looks like I have to remove the trans tunnel and get it from the top. Combined net wisdom says it's 84" long with 7/8 and 5/8 nuts. Really want to be sure before ordering.

Many useful things fall off trucks

More
5 years 3 months ago #198061 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Army Dodge AT4-114
Your fitting on the head maybe able to be be a brass fitting. It is amasing how many brass plumbing fittings are what was used. Our local plumbing shop and even at Bunnings have a huge selection of these fittings that should be able to be connected together to give you a good hook up for the gauge.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
5 years 3 months ago #198065 by Dodgeydude
Replied by Dodgeydude on topic Army Dodge AT4-114
Thanks Cobba, I have a heater unit to fit sometime so I will be looking for fittings then. Must check for leaks and be sure the fan works before fitting though. Normally I wait for winter and it is freezing before thinking I should fit that soon. Might break with tradition..... Current winter provisions are some old motorcycle gloves and a tea towel to wipe the windscreen ;)
Say Hello to Lorry for me :P

Many useful things fall off trucks
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds