Skip to main content

1975 Atkinson restoration

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #220243 by Mrsmackpaul
Im am so very happy for you and the great result

I do know of a sign writer that does old school graphics, he is in Gippsland and am happy to pass on some details if you get stuck

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #220245 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic 1975 Atkinson restoration
There'z also
Crackers & Rob Lister

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 1 week ago #220407 by Oilman
Well I picked up the plates yesterday so I need to update the insurance now that it is on the road. I understand it is difficult to say what a truck is worth as it comes down to what someone is willing to pay, but I have to at least request a value, I can't ask what they will put on it. I'm thinking $35k is reasonable. Based on past experience does anyone have any suggestions as to what it realistically might be worth?

1975 Atkinson, 180HP 6LXB Gardner, RTO910, 34000lb Rockwell on camelback
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #220408 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 1975 Atkinson restoration
I presume you are on club plates.

Shannons will insure you and are VERY obliging when it comes to value. I would go for $45,000 (and with Shannons you also get to keep the wreck). I doubt they will bat an eyelid. Don't be backward in describing the work and restoration, this is their business and they understand how much time and money goes into a nice job. There is also no insurance company I have dealt with so hassle free and instant payment on claims.

Not that it effects cover for the average person but don't try to BS them when doing the 5 minute phone assessment. They may ask about your driving record and while you are talking they will have your full history up on the screen with every driving offence for the last 5 years.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Oilman

More
3 years 1 week ago #220417 by Mrsmackpaul
To be honest I dont reckon 35 would be enough if the unthinkable happened

I have the Mack on the farm pack insurance at agreed value
It is 25 grand, but after reading your post and the way old Mack prices are going I do need to review this

And also the Princess reminds me every so often just how much I have invested

I do feel it is no good waiting until it is needed to look at the insured value

And well done on getting it registered

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oilman

More
3 years 1 week ago #220421 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1975 Atkinson restoration
I certainly would lean towards the upper value as you will now know what time, effort and expense has gone into this wonderful project. I'm sure if you nominate aaaa value and they feel it might be a bit over the top they might politely let you know.
Shannons are good to deal with and my nephew has his late Fathers Torana project nearing completion and is insure now as un unfinished project and not registered for $70k as he has included all the new parts and this is a nut and bolt restoration back to dead stock original.Already they are suggesting that once complete that the value should be increased to nothing under $125k and apparently not a big increase in premiums.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 1 week ago #220427 by Mrsmackpaul

cobbadog wrote: I certainly would lean towards the upper value as you will now know what time, effort and expense has gone into this wonderful project. I'm sure if you nominate aaaa value and they feel it might be a bit over the top they might politely let you know.
Shannons are good to deal with and my nephew has his late Fathers Torana project nearing completion and is insure now as un unfinished project and not registered for $70k as he has included all the new parts and this is a nut and bolt restoration back to dead stock original.Already they are suggesting that once complete that the value should be increased to nothing under $125k and apparently not a big increase in premiums.

That's interesting to know that Shannon's are good to deal with a are realistic with what things are actually worth

The mind boggles at what I have spent on my old bucket of bolts and it is in no way even close to a full restoration

And the other thing we all leave out is labour, and it gets even worse as the repairers will be at say 80 a hour not zero like we charge ourselves out

45 grand is probably still to low Stuart, I reckon I have probably spent 45 grand just in parts and repairs, Princess will have the price list somewhere, she gave up many years ago trying to gently remind me on what I'm spending

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 1 week ago #220433 by Oilman
Replied by Oilman on topic 1975 Atkinson restoration
I had $30k laid up coverage with Shannons already on the truck. I called them this morning and asked to increase it to $45k club permit coverage and they said that was outside their guidelines but no problem and put it through. I have 8 vehicles with them and never a claim, so not sure if that helps. Time to go out and put the plates on the truck. Thanks to all on the forum that have helped with advice over the last 4 years or so, hope to catch up with you at a show sometime in the future.

1975 Atkinson, 180HP 6LXB Gardner, RTO910, 34000lb Rockwell on camelback
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Lang, roKWiz, V8Ian

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 1 week ago #220434 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic 1975 Atkinson restoration
OilMan
Well dun
I like many others have been watchin even tho we dunt post all the time
U're just in time to pedal the beast to the Wangaratta truck show
www.hcvc.com.au/forum/events/19412-wanga...ic-motor-show-fly-in
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
3 years 1 week ago #220444 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1975 Atkinson restoration
Oilman, maybe you can do your first run up to Goulburn NSW this weekend. They are racing trucks at Wakefield this weekend. Of course they are because we will be there next weekend plaing with the big trains in the roundhouse then watching the huge beam engine running with live steam on Sunday.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds