Skip to main content

82 Kenworth K125 spruce up 'half a resto'

More
6 years 2 months ago #189958 by Dave_64
BMK-125,
Doing a great job there, just goes to show what a bit of elbow grease (and obviously a lot of time) can achieve. Keep up the progressive photos!
Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #189965 by Fill
Hi BMK- 125
Great way to start on the forum, lots of photos. Great job,I lot will be very keen to follow your progress
thanks for sharing. Cheers Fill

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #189976 by overnite
Be a shame to put your muddy boots in there, or you can be a nut case like me, and have your muddy boots in the tool locker and put your slip ons, for in the cab,
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by overnite.

More
6 years 2 months ago #189983 by BMK-125
Thanks for the comments guys..

Swishy, that informative diagram will come in very handy.. looking today seems someone has already had a crack going off the drilled holes and how easy they come up and down.. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on an air operated winder for the passenger side. I been in 900's and 904's before I bought this and cant quite lean over to roll it down no more!

Dave_64, thats it a bit of elbow grease goes a long way, and enjoying yourself while your at it is half the battle. Cheers

Fill, cheers will do buddy I am documenting everything as I go, should have the interior back together ready for monday so will post the pics up when its done.

Overnite, hahaha we must of fell from a similar tree I cringe at the thought. I have always kept a microfibre cloth on the dash and wipe the dash down 50 times a day and blow the cab out every time i open the door so mud carting is probably gonna be detrimental to my blood pressure!

'If someone asks you if you're a god you say YES!'

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout

More
6 years 2 months ago #190025 by IHScout
BMK 125, I am enjoying your posts to. Just curious to know how you stripped the beige colour off the vinyl door liners. I wouldn't have
thought that would be easy.

Dennis

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #190049 by roKWiz
Hi BMK,
That's a really great looking interior, imagine you vinyl sprayed over the beige door linings. I sprayed mine VHT red over the mismatched brown drivers door.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by roKWiz.

More
6 years 2 months ago #190213 by BMK-125
IHScout, roKWiz - sorry for the late reply I had a bit of a mishap been out of action for a few days.. the original trims were blue vinyl and had been sprayed with beige vinyl paint. I soaked a rag with thinners and wrung it out so it was damp but not dripping then wiped it over to soften the paint, then repeat with a second damp rag till all the old paint was gone, being careful not to soak it too much and soften the vinyl. They came up really nice

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125

More
6 years 2 months ago #190214 by BMK-125
I have been out of action due to a dislocated elbow from respraying a mates truck of all things so not much progress. Have painted the hoodlining and side trims looking great just need a few more screws to hold it up but its no fun trying to screw them in with one hand lol... more pics to come

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125
Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #190220 by BMK-125

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125
Attachments: