Skip to main content

Rewiring an old jigger from scratch

More
6 years 1 month ago #192154 by Dave_64
Lang,
You got that DEAD right! Hate the sight of blood, but do have plenty of rope and a good solid rafter in the shed!
After reading a few replies and doing a bit of research, decided the easiest way to go, is buy a complete sender/gauge set, pick them up aftermarket for around $65, bit of minor ginning around adapting it to the lock ring, but not insurmountable. Just have to tinker a bit with the float and arm to get them in the same position as the original.
Electrics, yeah ,OK, but electronics not so much.
Still trying to work out just why the alternator indicator light will only work with a 2 watt globe, put any higher value and stops the alternator from charging, light stays on all the time. Tried adding a resistor in the circuit, (supposedly the idea of that is if the globe blows, still enough current flowing to excite the alternator. using a 5 watt resistor, but could be wrong value.
Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #192159 by Fill
This is a true story. I was talking to an electrician on site one day. He said he was working on a Woolly store with a work experience kid. The boss said to the kid to stand at the switch board and do not let anyone near it . The boss went off for a half hour or so and was working away. All of a sudden, a big bang a flash of light . The boss ran back to the swish board and asked what happened. The work experience kid said it's quick isn't it ( The kid got a bit bored and flicked the switch on and off.)

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #192165 by allan
Don't josh. That kid is possibly now the Pres. of the good ole USA.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by allan.

More
6 years 1 month ago #192171 by Fill
Hi Dave 64,
I am not very electrically minded
I have spoken to this company ( I think it it a small business run from home ). I am thinking of getting one of these kits made up for my truck and perhaps having a friend help me put it in.
Thought this may be of interest to you and other readers.
Cheers Fill
www.ultimateproducts.com.au/index%20wire%20kit.htm
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, Dave_64

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds