Skip to main content

Suspension swap

More
5 years 11 months ago #192941 by ar110
Suspension swap was created by ar110
I'm trying to do a quick build and currently have an AT4 114. Chassis currently has no suspension but recently took delivery of a 229 with a spare inter 5 stud disc brake front end so I thought I would use that on the 114 and put a matching rear diff. Am I correct in assuming they are straight swap or are there things that need changing.
The other question is. What model and size inters would I need to be looking at to get a matching diff to the front end.

Cheers in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #192949 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Suspension swap
No law says you need to match the front and rear wheels. Many vehicles come with different front-rear wheel sizes and designs. Long as you have a spare for each end it's all good.

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
5 years 11 months ago #192950 by ar110
Replied by ar110 on topic Suspension swap
Thanks for your response Eddy. I didn't think it would be an issue but theres not a lot of room to carry 2 different patterned spares in a 114 tub hence the reason for looking for matching front and rear.
I guess it doesnt necessarily have to be inter either as long as I can find the same stud pattern. Anyone know the PCD of the 60's 5 stud inters.

More
5 years 11 months ago #192952 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Suspension swap
5 on 4 1/2" - same as Falcon.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
5 years 11 months ago #192954 by ar110
Thanks for that Jarrod.
I just remembered I have an AS110 diff with springs I was trying to sell a while back. Are they the same diff as the later C and D models or were they changed.
I managed to also track down a CJ10 Dana 60 with springs. Will that fit or are they too wide and different stud pattern

More
5 years 11 months ago #192956 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Suspension swap
An AS110 diff is the same part as an AA / AB 110 diff (except AB went to 3.73 ratio, I think). It will go straight in. Springs are different, though. They won't fit.

Don't know if the Jeep diff will fit, although it could be made to fit.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
5 years 11 months ago #192957 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Suspension swap
The 110 IH diffs have parts that are always broken,and probably unobtainable.Your Dodge will have a Dana 60 diff,as did the D line inters.But the Dline Inters had disc brakes that are fantastic.PBR calipers same as a Ozzie car.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ar110

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #193654 by ar110
John K. Unfortunately my chassis doesnt have anything atm hence chasing the Inter diff to match a front Inter Axle I recently acquired as a spare with my 229 .

Is there anyone in the Perth region or know of anyone with a single wheel C or D line Inter diff surplus to their needs and willing to part with it.

Cheers in advance. Mick
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by ar110.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds