Skip to main content

D1510 heater core replacement

More
5 years 9 months ago #194316 by rockcrawler31
I pulled out the factory heater demister core in the D line as it was leaking. Before i send it to a radiator place for leak testing and repair and all the unreliablness that will come with that, does anyone know if there are replacement cores getting about?

I've got the truck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194328 by 600Dodge
If you have a decent sized alternator you might be better off forgetting the heater core and going electric.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194334 by JOHN.K.
Anything with a copper core costs a arm and leg to fix nowdays........you will be better looking at modern car heaters on ebay.Ally and plastic and cost peanuts.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194348 by rockcrawler31
Thanks John.

I’m just tryin to avoid custom fitting something else in there or all the hassle in making something from scratch. By the time you make or find a blower, exchanger, ducting etc it’s be nice to just replace the original

I've got the truck

More
5 years 8 months ago #194640 by invested energy
Depending on expense, I would look at a vintage air unit... and add refrigeration ;)

for when I'm not driving the car of the century...

More
5 years 8 months ago #194641 by 600Dodge
Sit down when you ask for the quote, especially if you need to pay someone to fit/wire/hose/gas the system.

More
5 years 8 months ago #194642 by Gryphon
Hi,

through my favorite Radiator man in Melbourne I have had some old car radiators re-cored from this company in Queensland. He measures up what size we need and then orders it and they ship the core down and he puts my top and bottom tanks on it. Not the cheapest option but he swears by them after 10 years. They feel solid and heavy and are supposedly more efficient than the factory stuff I have been replacing.

redbackradiators.com.au/

Terry

More
5 years 8 months ago #194945 by rockcrawler31
An update on this for you all.

My local radiator muppet was given the core with the instructions to simply assess whether it was repairable or if it was more cost effective to simply get a replacement, or get a whole new under dash unit for about 350’ish bucks. I get a call a week later “it’s finished come pick it up, 300 bucks please”. Not happy Jan

I've got the truck

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds