Skip to main content

Bottom Door Hinge

More
5 years 6 months ago #196672 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Bottom Door Hinge
Well this is what arrived and is just perfect and at the right price. The new hinge has brass and not nylon type bushes and is ready for under coat then paint and installation.
The supplier was as already noted was;
H.I.M. or Brett's Spare Parts 17 Craftman Ave, Berkley Vale. NSW.
02 4388 4994
www.brettstruck.com.au
Parts to suit Hino (Lorry), Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Nissan UD, Fuso, Toyota Dyna, Daihatsu Delta, Mazda T Series, Ford Trader.

Of course when you need one part not long after you need another. The day after I ordered the hinge the solenoid on the starter motor failed. Hino did not use an ordinary solenoid but rather a special one that requires OE fitment but Brett's had one that did fit and it does work. I'm happy as can be with them.
Sorry to admin for the unashamedly advertising but when you find something good, share it with everyone.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #196782 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Bottom Door Hinge
Now I have the hinge in undercoat I wanted to squirt some paint on it before I install it. Went looking for a paint code but cannot find one on Lorry anywhere. In the door jamb where you step into the cab on the drivers side is a plate but it only lists the chassis number, seating capacity, loaded weight and date of manufacture as far as I can make out.
I Googled Hino 1991 paint code and there are a couple of choices as to which white was used. How do I find out what the exact colour is and does anyone do a touch up pressure pack can ?
Most likely colour is Clear White as used in 1991 but there are at least 3 other whites used on Hino.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Attachments:

More
5 years 5 months ago #196783 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic Bottom Door Hinge
Hi cobbadog sorry I can't help with paint codes but AutoOne will mix paint & put it in a pressure can around $20 / $30
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds