Skip to main content

281 bigger carb

More
5 years 4 months ago #197675 by trucksyd
281 bigger carb was created by trucksyd
G'day, merry x-mas ...I've got a d1310 inter with a 281 in it , I have a spare 2 barrel intake manifold for it , I'm just wondering if anyone has fitted a 2barrel carb set up (Holley,edelbrock, carter) & have had an improvement in power. .at the moment it has a single stromberg on it .thanks .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #197678 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 281 bigger carb
The 2 barrel intake is from an AB....they had a Holley(IIRC) that you couldnt get parts for........I replaced mine with a 2b Stromberg from a 2V 250 Falcon.......there is a deifinite imoprovement in power and fuel economy.......you have to be a bit careful not to over rev a 281 if you fit bigger carbys....they drop valves pretty easy if over revved.

More
5 years 4 months ago #197685 by trucksyd
Replied by trucksyd on topic 281 bigger carb
Ok thanks

More
5 years 4 months ago #197694 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 281 bigger carb
I've heard WW Stromberg mentioned, like off a 253 Holden. Not tried it myself. I wouldn't bother with the original Holley 2110 two barrel.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
5 years 3 months ago #197698 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic 281 bigger carb
My thoughts were more along the lines of the 2 stage Webber as fitted to Fords.
Give you better control over the lower speed mixture control and should be easy to scrounge.
Cheers Steve

More
5 years 3 months ago #197699 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 281 bigger carb
Blackduck: One of those would be great if you could make it fit. Whether an adaptor is available would be the question. They have a fairly huge secondary, right?

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #197708 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic 281 bigger carb
Think they were 32/36mm throats.
34ADM off an XE, the XF had more anti pollution crap on them.
Think the old Stromberg was around 32mm (1 9/32" if the grey matter is working) on it's single barrel.
Adaptor may need to be custom, not sure if a Weber to Holden 6 adaptor could be modified. Believe Redline may have made some.
There may have been other Webers fitted different vehicles.
Cheers Steve
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Blackduck59. Reason: Correcting info

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds