Skip to main content

Powering up the loader

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #204993 by Sarge
Powering up the loader was created by Sarge
Guru help required, the inter super loader is lacking power, 12 volt power, some time in its past the probably 6v genny was heaved out, so it now runs ofrf a 12 volt battery but no charging system. I have a 12v alternator with inbuilt reg, shouldn't be too hard to make it fit, but..... always a but or two....
which way does it spin,
does it matter
Three wires, were to and from.
I don't actually have an ignition or anything resembling one.
I have a wire from the starter switch which is live to the coil. If I want to shut her down I pull a lead off the battery. I assume a switch in the coil line will work as an ignition switch.

I should also say the two spade terminals are marked R and L and the ring terminal is B.

OK, .... be gentle, and simple please.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Sarge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #204994 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic Powering up the loader
Unless the loader runs different to most engines the rotation will not be a problem.
Terminals, largest will be to the battery, not 100% on the other two but 1 will be power from the ignition as an exciter. With an internal regulator that should be all in needs.
Did that come off a Nissan? Maybe able to check their wiring diagrams or if you have auto spark close just ask them. ( or Googlr using the numbers off it)
Cheers Steve

More
4 years 4 months ago #204995 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Powering up the loader
The wire that runs to the ignition switch must run via a kight globe to act as the 'exciter', otherwise the alternator will not make charge until you are at high revs. I had this issue with the little grey fergy that is Dees' delight and it runs an alternator and had trouble charging. Spoke to my auto electriciam mate and he gave me the heads up about running the globe. Hopefully this helps.
If more info required I will lift the bonnet and trace the wires and see where they all run. Let me know. Bit busy with the pre chrissy rush so can't tell you how soon I can do it at the moment.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #205000 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic Powering up the loader
Whether it actually needs the light/resistance on that terminal depends on how the alternator is wired. Some use that circuit to excite and others it is purely for the light.
Would need the ID of the connections to be sure, should be letters cast into the housing alongside the connection point. Maybe those letters on the ID plate, the L would be for light and the R for switched power feed.
Cheers Steve
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Blackduck59.

More
4 years 4 months ago #205003 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Powering up the loader
12 volt from battery to the threaded terminal

12 volts thru eithet a oil pressure swith or key switch to the R spade lug

Give it a try and report back

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
4 years 4 months ago #205005 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Powering up the loader
Just looking at that tag on the alternator, looks like a Nippon-denso?? If so, the power IN to excite the field would probably have to run through a low amp/wattage pilot light. Mine only rated around 1 amp, any higher , the alternator won’t charge. Had to try several values until found the right one. That’s on mine at least anyway.

More
4 years 4 months ago #205023 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Powering up the loader
BlackDuck deserves three or for beers from his fridge, I had to do some head scratching but I do believe I did take the alternator off my old 1500 ute, with the 180B motor n box.
I assumed it was a mitsubishi alternator because that's the name plates and from some go ogling, seem they supply v a few manufacturers. I managed to sneak in to the shed undetected in daylight and took a couple more snaps, same subject better angle.

I Ave searched Mr Google and fo u nd my alternator and drawing with the B, L,R, contacts but not wiring diagram, so I am assuming that the B is battery and L is lamp, then I guess R is the voltage sensor that hooks back to B as per below.

What can possibly go wrong.... better make a bracket and fit it in.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Attachments:

More
4 years 4 months ago #205068 by Mrsmackpaul
I'll go

B = battery
R = regulator
L = light

Just guessing

Paul

More
4 years 4 months ago #205069 by Mrsmackpaul
And you may need a Bosch regulator like this
www.ebay.com.au/i/233430135165?chn=ps&no...IM6eZ7QaAlYVEALw_wcB

Wire from ignition goes thru D+ and from DF to R on the alternatorscrew it to the frame or chassis or block

May not need this but ???

Paul

More
4 years 4 months ago #205070 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Powering up the loader
This should answer every alternator plug question.

s7d9.scene7.com/is/content/GenuinePartsCompany/1704040pdf

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds