Skip to main content

A was for Austin, but now B is for Bedford

More
2 years 1 week ago #234236 by Morris
PDU the wiper blade I have is 230 mm long, a straight ridged back with a thin vertical "hook" that looks like it will fit the arm you pictured. Trico part number A 20022If it sounds like what you want, let me know and I will send it to you. PM me your address.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #234248 by PDU
The blade I have ordered is 2" longer than your blade, but . . . :unsure:

Can you take a piccie of the hook please Morris? Then we'll wait and see how I get on with my expensive one and/or find out about the Austin unit??? Don't lose it, and tag it as "pending" please. Thanks. ;)

More
2 years 1 week ago #234285 by Morris
PDU I tried to reply but when I went to attach photo, it all disappeared (again)

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
2 years 6 days ago #234297 by Morris
Sorry, PDU the photo did not attach. I will try again later.

I'm gritting my teeth,

The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
2 years 5 days ago #234311 by PDU
Check message box Morris ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
2 years 1 day ago #234435 by PDU
My new wiper blade arrived today. Simple removal of this piece from the end of the Bedford arm . . .

. . . and the blade slipped on nicely. No other modifications look necessary, although I could shorten the top end of the blade slightly(?).
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
2 years 1 day ago #234436 by Dave_64
Exacuse me for jumping in here, but when you blokes tinkering weith Bedstead brakes, are they "Girling" and if so, two leading shoes and rear handbrake a wedge type affair??
Dave_64

More
2 years 1 day ago - 2 years 1 day ago #234439 by PDU
Lockheed, on both Austin (also with Girling) and Bedford Dave. Yes the handbrake is a wedge type affair, I think they refer to it as a bisector from memory.

Pages below are from my O Type Instruction Book, but I also have a CD type manual which explains things a lot more in depth. Sorry for the cockeyed way pictures are placed, haven't quite figured out the camera yet! :blush:

Karrier similar? Or changing to Bedford rear end!? As Steve Irwin used to say, "Crikey!" :ohmy:
Last edit: 2 years 1 day ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Snidely Whiplash

More
2 years 1 day ago #234445 by Dave_64
PDU
Thanks, can rearrange those snaps on my laptop.
Going by what I can read without standing on my head with the mobile, the booster diaphragm and set up is almost identical, Thanks, Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, PDU

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #234593 by PDU
Another boring update:
Men's Shed garage sale done (reasonable return for what was considered as old tat), now for another weekend away in the van, Belair National Park; the wife says I need to have a break but when she made the booking she didn't realise the minor detail that I'll miss a swap meet (and only 28km away from home too!) - not that I really need much, but it still hurts, especially as entry was free! :ohmy:

Meanwhile I've done a few small jobs in order to get things back where I want them, like the items that were taking up extra space. I've shunted my spare chassis forward. and got the lounge suites for the Men's Shed up and out of the way.

All I have to do then is to sort out the back of the shed, slide the Trimodore three car widths sideways (set of wheel dollies on way), clean that side of the world before moving the Herald into the space, and then things should be ready for B for to come back into the real work shed.

Mixed in with that are three planned trips to Adelaide in the next fortnight plus a few trips to the tip to offload a s*/t load of priceless bits of useless junk that I've been carting around/storing for about twenty years!!? Biting the bullet big time! :unsure:

Can't understand why everything seems to take me forever . . . ? :blink:
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, Zuffen

Time to create page: 0.604 seconds