Skip to main content

Adding a power brake booster.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210283 by cobbadog
Not wanting to confuse the situation as my thoughts are to use the VH80 or 90 vacuum assist unit.
But for those who are looking for a power booster with a dual circuit master cylinder and it is a small unit have a look at the early Datsun brake units. They are small in size and were being used for remote brake set ups on hot rods.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210288 by Dave_64
Yeah, Thanks Cobba, my own personal application a Dasun would be way too small, I would think. But handy for others to know Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 11 months ago #210289 by Zuffen
Why can't you change the master cylinder on VH style unit to get what you need.

I used once as a clutch assist for a 50kg wife I once had on an old 186 powered 2A landy.

Never looked to see if they could be altered.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210290 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Adding a power brake booster.
I think Dave said there was not enough room for a master cylinder combined unit in his setup

More
3 years 11 months ago #210293 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Adding a power brake booster.
I'm to frightened to make another comment - I haven't got to the brakes on B for yet!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 11 months ago #210296 by Dave_64
Zuffen, Lang nailed it, simply not enough room under cab where m/c sits, thats why has to be remote. Have seen one set up with 3/4" thick rod with dog leg in it to reach the master /VH set up. Didnt like the way it was set up

More
3 years 11 months ago #210298 by Dave_64
PDU, question for you at short notice! Your the Bedford man, do you know of a Bedstead rim that is 6 stud and will take a 7.00 or 7.50X16" tyre? May be going back a bit, late 60's---early 70's?

More
3 years 11 months ago #210302 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Adding a power brake booster.
Dave

If you give us the pitch diameter of your wheels I can look for matching patterns from all over.

Lang

More
3 years 11 months ago #210305 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Adding a power brake booster.
J1/2/3 Bedford's have a 6 stud 16" rim

Sorry I'm not sure of size as I didn't look very closely at the ones I had on my "engine donor" J series as B for has 8 stud wheels and I might have had trouble bolting them on!? :lol:

I gave them away with the remnants of the truck to the guy who moved the truck and pulled the engine out for me. Although I could have salvaged more gear from it this was an easy, on the spot, arrangement that saved me having to drag it 180km home!

More
3 years 11 months ago #210311 by Dave_64
Lang/PDU, reason asked is that I have been told that Karrier 16" rims are interchangeable with some 6 stud Bedford. I dont have the PCD or hole diameters here at the moment, but should be able to dig them out. Pretty sure they were made by Sankey, but that may not tell us much as they probably made rims for half the Brit industry. I am also pretty sure that the measurement from inside lip to inside lip is 6". Supposed to take both 7.00 and 7.50 X16" tyres. The Karrier that I'm in the process of obtaining doesnt have a spare. Thought possibly Bedford may be easier to get than Karrier in 16's

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds