Skip to main content

Cabin glass rubbers

More
3 years 10 months ago #210412 by Dave_64
Cabin glass rubbers was created by Dave_64
Serial Pest, again.
Have from time to time read where someone is doing a cabin up and needs new or replacement rubbers for things like quarter vent (flipper) windows, or fixed curved glass rubbers.
Had a bit of a look, maybe someone who is better at searches than I can put up a link or contact phone number.
Probably as far as front and rear screens where they sit on a simple single edge, there may even be something like a continuous strip which maybe a glass installer may be able to supply??
Its the quarter vent in the door, and the very tightly curved glass rubbers in the rear section of the cab that are probably the hardest to get hold of. Had a couple of people ring me lately asking if I knew, said I would throw it up here.
Can't supply any samples myself, my cab burned all it's rubber in the bushfires, most of the glass I can get, it's the rubbers that are proving hard to get.
This is for the Karrier Bantam rebuild, wrap around front screen type 1958-1964 were all supposedly the same.
Thanks, Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #210414 by Oilman
Replied by Oilman on topic Cabin glass rubbers
I bought the glass rubbers for my Atkinson from Old Auto Rubber who had a great selection and service. I thought I was doing the right thing sourcing the rubber, however the one I bought for the Atkinson had a slightly larger profile (it was all I could find) and the fitter said he wished I hadn't as he claimed he could have supplied the same profile as the original and it would have done a better job and been much easier to fit. So my suggestion is to perhaps check with a fitter first.

1975 Atkinson, 180HP 6LXB Gardner, RTO910, 34000lb Rockwell on camelback
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 10 months ago #210416 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Cabin glass rubbers
Thanks, Oilman
I'll suss them out, had a bloke from Ballarat here in Vic found a brand new rubber for the '75 Chevvy C30 I had here, only about six months ago.
Cheers, Dave

More
3 years 10 months ago #210437 by Dave_64
Hi All,
Just got off the phone to a bloke just north of Brisbane re old truck/car rubbers for cab glass.
"The Rubber Shop" 2/28 Moonbi St. Brendale QLD, 4500
therubbershop@gmail.com
His names Doug, don't know anything about him or his business, but talking to him on the phone seems to know what he's on about.
May be worthwhile taking note of for anyone rebuilding a cab who needs rubbers.
Cheers, Dave _64
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 10 months ago #210438 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Cabin glass rubbers
Dave

Just down the road from me. If you want any samples etc picked up (though I suppose they have all the profile drawings on line) give me a call. Lang

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #210439 by Dave_64
Thanks, Lang.
Will keep that in mind,
One of the other blokes who are also chasing these up is going to shoot me over a couple of pieces of old rubber, will forward them on direct to the supplier.
Much appreciated, Dave
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Dave_64.

More
3 years 10 months ago #210452 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Cabin glass rubbers
My O type Bedford cab is going to need new rubbers, windshields and quarter windows . . .

Bit far from here but see what he has to offer if you could Lang, ta ;)

More
3 years 10 months ago #210453 by Lang
PDU

For any unmolded rubber (or even molded rubber that has gentle enough bends to run straight strips around as an option) that you have can you draw a profile with rough dimensions. I will ask about anything he may be able to get for your vehicle.

Lang

More
3 years 10 months ago #210454 by Lang
PDU and Dave
Just looked and found some in Australia at another place.

www.oldautorubber.com/vpg/

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, PaulFH

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #210456 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Cabin glass rubbers
Local commitments with Heritage Centre and Men's shed tomorrow, so I won't be able to do anything until Friday at the earliest; bear with me. :blush:

Revisiting this post after referencing Lang's post following this one . . .
Sweet, I'll follow this up when I reach that stage, thanks a bunch Lang. ;)
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by PDU.

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds