Skip to main content

Bedford wheel/rim sizes

More
3 years 11 months ago #210569 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Bedford wheel/rim sizes
Thanks Eightpot, shot that bloke an email, see what eventuates!
Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210570 by Dave_64
Lang, had another look at those. Look good as a set of singles in 16" on a Karrier, only thing is I only want the one (or possibly two) rims to match the 16" Karrier set, don't want to change the whole set again.
As said earlier, could live with having two spares, one to suit front axle, one to suit rear axle, but naturally enough, if they were interchangeable front to back, better!
Dave

More
3 years 11 months ago #210571 by Dave_64
Thanks Husky, will shoot that Trucknet UK a message.
Dave

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #210572 by Dave_64
Lang/PDU,
That Beddy J1 on gumtree, have asked if he could possibly measure it, can only ask!
Keep asking the questions, sooner or later the law of averages says someone has to come up with an answer!
Cheers, Dave
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Dave_64.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #210573 by Dave_64
If you have a look at this rim (the J1 onGumtree) and compare it to the Superpoise rim AND the Bedford J1 shown on page 1 of this post, you will see what I mean as being two different rim setups altogether. THIS is the type that should the specs of the wheels be the same as Karrier, may just possibly be the ones I'm after.
I know, it's getting tiresome! But sooner or later the right ones have to show up!
Dave
P.S. THe bloke who has this rim for sale says he hasn't got time to take measurements, but did say it was off a 1969 J3.
Attachments:

More
3 years 11 months ago #210579 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Bedford wheel/rim sizes
Okay while on a "family" day out to Mambray Creek, I extended the journey by a mere 140 kilometres and called in at Quorn (checking to see if they had an ignition switch for B for without any luck). While there I spotted a J series truck in their yard and was able to measure the rim for you . . . :woohoo:

It was a 16" same as the picture below, not the flat type, but being on the truck was a little awkward to measure with the bearing sticking out somewhat. However, as best I could see, it was 6" + 5/16" (maybe 3/8" . . . but I'd say closer to 5/16"?). :unsure:

Maybe somebody can confirm still, with one off the vehicle, just to be certain. :blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
3 years 11 months ago #210580 by Dave_64
PDU, thanks for that, just hope you didn't go all that way on my behalf and at least got your ignition switch! I have a feeling rhat the J series Bedford may be just that couple of mm too small to fit the Karrier hub. not without machining the centrebore. Maybe someone can come up with the EXACT sizes, have contacted a couple of forums in UK. Cheers, Dave

More
3 years 11 months ago #210581 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Bedford wheel/rim sizes
It looked to be a tiny bit over the 5/16" if that is any good . . . and it was pure chance that the J series was there.

BUT

If you would like a petrol receipt . . . :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64

More
3 years 11 months ago #210583 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Bedford wheel/rim sizes
If it is only the bore that is giving you grief, why not machine it out to suit?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #210587 by Dave_64
Cobba, not only the centrebore thats different, if you compare the stud sizes, stud bore as well as the pcd, there is a slight variation in all of them. Trying to get out of machining if I can, already been down that road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds