Skip to main content

Dodge AT4 D5N International AA AB vent window seals

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #212669 by soops
Hello,

Just bought myself some moulded vent window seals for my AT4.

Advertised to be ‘superior quality, best and most correct available anywhere’ and priced accordingly.

However, when fitted to the vent window frame there was an 1/8” gap between the leading edge of the window and the seal. I thought this gap might close up when the window frame was installed in the door as the outer edge of the seal pushed up against the door frame. I was wrong.

The window is on fixed pivots and can’t be adjusted forward.

Now I have to drive with the vent window open to stop the air noise. Leaks air and water like a champion.

Has anyone else had this problem with these moulded type seals?

so ops, when you add a picture the final bit is to stick it in.... click on insert. ....... Sarge.

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Sarge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212679 by Mrsmackpaul
I hate working with rubber and glass

My only thoughts are, did you use plenty of soapy water or WD 40

Oh and have you contacted the supplier ?
There most likely is a really simple answer

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 8 months ago #212680 by soops
Hello Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have contacted the supplier. They reckon they’ve never had any problems with them but I was half expecting that response. It may be a simple fix, I hope it is.

Yes, I used a suitable lubricant but that was not the problem.

The seal fits into the ‘U’ shaped channel that forms the vent window frame. It’s relative position is dictated by the window pivot pins and locating blocks at either end of the seal.
It can’t be part installed - it’s either in or it’s not.

The old seal was, well - old, but it was complete and adequately covered the window. It does also appear to be slightly larger than this new one.

The other option is that the wrong side (passenger) was installed, but that is not the case.

I’d really like to hear from someone who has actually installed these seals if possible, but any input is appreciated.

Regards,
Ian

More
3 years 8 months ago #212686 by Mrsmackpaul
Dont know if your on Faceless book or not, if sdo there are a few Australian Dodge and Inter pages on there I think
I believe they can be quite difficult to fit and get right
I dont know as I never have tried to fit them

Im sure someone on there that has fitted these before could give you the lowdown
There are blokes that used to be on here that I know have fitted them
Maybe someone could put in contact with them

Paul

More
3 years 8 months ago #212700 by soops
I'm not a Facebooker but that is a good suggestion.
Thanks again Paul.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #212720 by cobbadog
Hi Ian,
Has your supplier seen the problem? If not send the pictures and ask for their advise as to what is wrong and how to fix it. If they have seen the problem and they are unwilling to help I would send them back for a refund as it may well be a faulty product. By that their supplier to tham may have had a stuff up. I had something similar happen to me with a gasket kit. All were perfect except for one gasket. When I measured it up they then realised what the issue was and a replacement was sent imediately.
This is a possibilty, either way the product at the moment is not doing the job it is inteneded to do therefore is deemed faulty and must be replaced with a good one or a refund, as you have indicated it was not given to you, it cost a lot of money.
Maybe some comparison pics and measurements of the old one might tip them off to the problem too.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
3 years 8 months ago #212734 by soops
Hello cobbadog,
Thanks for the suggestions.
I've already done as you've said in relation to contacting the supplier, photos etc.....
I need to talk to someone who has fitted them first and get my ducks in a row before I go down the refund path.
Regards,
Ian
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 8 months ago #212764 by cobbadog
Did you ever sit the old rubber on the new rubber before fitting to compare size? I wouder if it is the wrong rubber for your truck.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212771 by soops
Yes I did. There is a slight difference in size but not enough to produce such a large gap.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212772 by Mrsmackpaul
Looking more closely at the photos at the start of the thread

It looks the bottom of window closes better than the top

Would that be correct?

Paul

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds