2 years 11 months ago #220355 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Buy a little ultasonic bath from somewhere they work really well
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #220369 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
I second that. Sadly, mine blew up, but I will get another if I can't fix it.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 11 months ago #220371 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Cobbadog, I have a Honda whipper snipper that gives me nothing but grief. Purchased it off a family member not realising they had left ethanol based fuel in it. The carb works for a bit then plays up due to gunky rubbish that just keeps coming from somewhere despite being cleaned numerous times.

geoffb and asw120, I’ve been meaning to buy one for cleaning gun shells and other various bits. I’ll add cleaning car parts to the list of reasons to buy one. Cheers.

Adventure before Dementia.

More
2 years 11 months ago #220378 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Those ultrasonic cleaning tanks should do the trick. When I was trying to cllean out the injector on the MacDonald I watch a few viseos on using ultrasonics for cleaning parts. One clever fella put his high speed carby in a glass jar of petrol and screwed the lid on then put the jar in the tank and switched it on. It did a bang up job on shifting crap from that carby. The sound waves went through the glass jar no problems. I was going to do something similar in my tank which is 2.5 mtrs long x 0.300 wide and depth can depend on how much solution I put intot he tank. I was very hesitant to put anything other than what my tank was designed for as it wa what makes me money and having grease in the tank that cleans blinds was not a good idea, Turned out all was good.
So a good ultrasonic tank job might help your Honda carby. Remember in these high sped carbies there is a gauze filter and sometimes a welsh plug like plug blocking off a gallery and it was behind that wher eI found the rubbish. Do you have a clean filter on the fuel line pick up? If all else fails you can wave a white flag and buy a Chinesium relacement carby on FleaBay usually at a fair price. But I would tend to persist at the one you have oaking it longer in thinners and with care more air presure and a good scratch around inside looking for that bit of lacquer.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

More
2 years 11 months ago #220409 by asw120
I once had a partial blockage on a whipper snipper that was an extra fine disc filter inside the pick-up in the tank.
Went to buy a new one, but the shop said they leave it out as the fuzzy pick-up bulb is filter enough.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

More
2 years 11 months ago #220459 by Urchy87
Cheers guys. I’ll start looking for an ultrasonic cleaner. I’ll be sure it’s large enough to place car can’t sized objects.

More
2 years 11 months ago #220542 by Urchy87
Kingpins.......

Today I started to put the brakes back together, got as far as mounting the front wheel cylinders before I hit a time waster. As a part of doing the brakes I’m sorting out each corners issues, or at least getting a parts list for what needs replacing.

When I tried getting the kingpin out on the passenger side there was no budging it so I gave up and just punched in some grease. It has the slightest amount of play on the top side so I’m not concerned. This is my first time dealing with them, do they often need to be pressed out? Does a bit of heat normally get them out when this happens? Thanks.

More
2 years 11 months ago #220569 by asw120
Has it got a pin holding it in the axle?

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 11 months ago #220576 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
It has been a long time since I had some king pins apart and now Jarrod mentioned the pin I remember those tapered cotter pins.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 11 months ago #220584 by Urchy87
Hey asw120/cobbadog,

Yep has the pins, I removed them before trying to get the kingpin out. It also gave some resistance.

All good, I’ll see how the other side goes. Was a bit rushed and wanted to get it back together. Will start it when I have more time in my side.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

Time to create page: 0.631 seconds