Skip to main content

1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

More
3 years 6 months ago #215386 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Mrsmackpaul, cheers for the heads up. If I’m having issues like that I will look towards the pump. Currently it won’t run without giving it some berries so I might have a task ahead of me. Thankfully the are a fairly simple beast.

JOHN.K, I know where to go if I can’t track one down.

Adventure before Dementia.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215388 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Two words......Go Electric.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215401 by Mrsmackpaul
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationMine must of been fairly different

It looked like this

Heres the link

Mine had a big long arm but look the same else were
I seem to recall I couldnt service it at all

Someone had put a electric fuel pump on but if it sat for a day or so the pump would run dry and lift any fuel
I looked at lowering the to bellow the tank so this couldnt happen but that turned out to be impracticable so got a new diaphragm pump and the problem was solved

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #215402 by Urchy87
Mrsmackpaul that pump looks the same as what is installed on the engine. I’ll go electric if I have issues with this one. The tank is behind the seat so the pump should be easy to install lower than the tank.

More
3 years 5 months ago #215634 by Urchy87
Hey All. Hope to have a few days in the coming weeks where I can get back into it. Had a spare hour this afternoon so I pulled the old floor coverings out and cleaned it up a bit to get an idea on the rust spots. This is the worst of it so I can’t complain really.

I also measured the wheel studs to try and find out what the pattern is as I’d like to put chrome ‘truck style’ rims on it if possible. They seem an odd pattern and I can’t find much about them. They have a PCD of 185mm and the studs are about 15mm across. Do any of you know what else uses this type of rim, struggling to find any options? Cheers.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog

More
3 years 5 months ago #215635 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
If that is the worse rust you have, you have been blessed. Cut out a good 1cm away from any rusty bits to get back to good steel. A nice piece of body stell with a folded edge at right angles, a vee section knocked out for the bend to take the shape of the floor and away you go.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 5 months ago #215644 by Urchy87
Cheers cobbadog. Was thinking of doing something like you mentioned. I have a mate with a few old bodies laying around which I will cut some good sections out of.

Had a couple hours this morning so looked over the motor a bit. Found 3 slightly bent pushrods and some of the lifters are stuck down. Pulled the plate off to checks the lifter and noticed some are sitting quite proud is that normal? I will get a magnet tomorrow to remove them and see what the go is.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 5 months ago #215645 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
The 6 stud wheels are the same pattern as AB and earlier 120 and 130 Inters.

More
3 years 5 months ago #215649 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Further to John's reply, I see you have Road Grippers (poorly named, but I digress). This indicates you already have 16" wheels. I have seen them with 17" rims of the same type, so you are already ahead on tyre availability.
Unfortunately, besides Inter (which you already have) and Dodge rims, you're kind of out of luck on the replacement rim side of things. It's 6 on 7-1/4". If you want Alcoas, I think you'll have to get custom ones.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
3 years 5 months ago #215657 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
I would consider a new set of pushrods. Dont know how much they would be now but a long time back they were cheap as chips. Also there was an upgrade in the wall thickness from the XD to the EF if I remember right. Maybe yours are the same length and the heavier wall thickness will help them stay straight. Not sure how 'proud' is too pround. Maybe they were on top of the lobe?
Pulling them all out and a good clean up should make them servicable again. Might be worth getting a price on some fresh ones but they might be like gold to buy.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.730 seconds