Skip to main content

1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

More
3 years 6 months ago #215279 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Cheers for the great responses everyone. Now knowing it’s threaded and that bolt hasn’t got anything to do with holding the cap in place I’ll try to have a crack at Swishy’s hot water trick tomorrow after work.

PDU, once I’ve finished messing around with the rolling equipment the tyres will go back on. Had the jack resting under there taking minor pressure whilst I had my walking sticks under the frame. Cheers for looking out for me.

Zuffen, I spoke to a friend about upgrading the master cylinder, they thought it might fall under a mod plate modification. Thinking I might fix and drop this one back in for road worthy then upgrade it afterwards.

Adventure before Dementia.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215281 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
I would go straight to using the stillsons on that cap. Already there is a chisel mark on the cap so once you have the cap off spme welding on the cap and also weld a big head of a bolt on top to make it easy to remove next time. From memory of this style of master cylinder, early Holdens had a similar idea, there was a copper washer un der the cap as well.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215282 by Blackduck59
Had a quick look on Rockauto for F250 parts, the 300 six does not show till 1965. Early 6's were 262 CI
None of the pics of brake master cylinders look like that one, this maybe an Aussie version of cylinder.
Cheers Steve

More
3 years 6 months ago #215285 by Urchy87
Thanks cobbadog.

Backduck59, I had a quick look on there also. Strange the 300 starts in 65, I’d have thought they would have used it before us.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215286 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
The 300 cubic inch six was known as the Canadian Six. I suppose it was made there. It was also supplied with a smaller bore as a.
240 C .I. which I was told was used in the F100.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
3 years 6 months ago #215288 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
A lot of D series Ford trucks had the Canadian 6s in them......Australia Post had a fleet of lazy axle D800s with the 240 motors ......thats underpowered.........with an 8 speed range change box........The Army D400 s had the 300 six in them.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215300 by Blackduck59
Found the next set of carbs for you.
Also lists the 300 as starting in 1965
Cheers Steve
www.onallcylinders.com/2014/01/22/top-10...-time-4-ford-300-i6/

More
3 years 6 months ago #215303 by Urchy87
That’s pretty tidy. It currently has a 350 Holley. Lining up a compression tester and timing light for operation ‘run smooth you bugger’.

Cheers for the info Morris and JOHN.K.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215305 by Mrsmackpaul
I had a Canadian 6 in a D series up until a few years ago and it ran terrible
I put a carby kit in and it ran worse, turned out the carby kit although it looked correct wasnt quite correct and the adjustments in the instructions werent right, as in setting float levels and accelerator pumps etc
So some re bending of things improved back to were it was before I fiddled

Turned out the fuel was buggered but not bad enough it wouldnt run but would starve for fuel for a moment or to under acceleration and load

Ended up with a fuel pump off a 6 cylinder Mustang ?? As the fuel pump arm was quite long
It made a huge difference and it went ok around the farm

There seemed to be lots of differences in the 6 cylinder petrols from overseas

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 6 months ago #215312 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
I got a carton of the fuel pump kits somewhere.......they come witout valves tho ,just a diaphragm and gaskets.......I recall Dale Barnard saying he d looked everywhere for a fuel pump kit .......never asked me ,I fixed him up in 10 minutes.

Time to create page: 0.634 seconds