Skip to main content

1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #220986 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
I know exactly what you are talking about hayseed. Gets pretty frustrating at times.

Forgot to throw this up the other day. Met a bloke randomly with an Aussie assembled 65 F350. Had a decent chat with him and exchanged details after having a quick look over it. He managed to get from a dealer one of their old sales books. He had a photo copy of the F250’s standard spec sheet also in his glove box so I grabbed a photo of it. I’ll do some comparisons e.g. leaf quantity front and rear etc when I get the chance to see how it stacks up.

Adventure before Dementia.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Urchy87.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #220997 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
The GVW 8000lb would be good here(Qld)...no argument with Transport over it being a ute,and on cheap full rego.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221014 by Urchy87
I too am in Qld JOHN.K. Considering getting some rural land again at the moment. Had always planned for it to go on club rego but if I go back down the path of purchasing land it might just turn farm truck and get full rego.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 10 months ago #221802 by Urchy87
Well there has been basically no action with the F250 lately. I found a couple hours this afternoon though so picked of an easy but boring job. I scraped a heap of the oil/dirt mixture from underneath to prep it for degreasing so it can all be cleaned up properly. By the look of the pile I scraped off (still plenty to go) the rear main had been leaking for more than a couple days prior to being parked up.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 10 months ago #221810 by Southbound

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Lang, Urchy87, PaulFH

More
2 years 10 months ago #221820 by Urchy87
That’s about it Southbound. Thought that car you posted was a 6 wheeler for a second. Further inspection makes me think it’s the next in line to receive the body.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #222412 by Urchy87
Hey All,

Been a month or so since I’ve really had the chance to do anything on the F-250 but tomorrow I want to remove the steering box, as it has a heap of play in the output shaft. This is where I need help from the brains trust in here. How do I decouple the steering colum form the box? I’ve jiggled, banged and clanged it in all directions when I previously tried pulling it out. Please give me your hot tips. Pics below for reference. Thanks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Urchy87.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #222413 by Mrsmackpaul
I reckon the bolts gotta come all the way out and it will then slide off reasonably easy

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

More
2 years 9 months ago #222414 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
What Paul said, but only the jacket will come off - the shaft is one piece. You already have the steering wheel off?

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 9 months ago #222415 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Only easy way is to raise the front of the truck about 3 ft off the ground ,and the box will come out under the front....The box is a Gemmer,a real good box,but expensive to fix .

Time to create page: 0.709 seconds