Skip to main content

1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

More
2 years 10 months ago #222581 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHere is a sales brochure for sale.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222583 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Its on 10 stud wheels ,and pulling a trailer ......going to be a fair size.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222586 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

Doesn’t D1210 mean D series 12 ton gvm 100 hp?

That's My understanding Too Mate.. & I've had a bit to do with a couple of them.!

I think the on in urchy's photo may have been recabbed.. As John has pointed Out Its' got 10 stud Wheels. I'm pretty sure the 12 tonners only had 8 Stud Wheels..
I've got a Workshop manual In my Collection (somewhere) which has the Specs of each model In It..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 10 months ago #222588 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
The pommy Fords lost me when they started with all the numbers.....before that ,they more or less corresponed with the American F series ........D800/F800,D500/F500 etc.........I had a D750 which was a light bogie drive,and it had full air brakes ......great truck ,IMHO......not a lot of power with the slant 360,but in those days max weight on a bogie was 19 tons,and the thing only tared around 6 tons with a tray ..Also had a D1000 with a V8 Perk ,cunningly branded FORD on the rocker covers......some D1000 had a V8/185 Crummins ,which was a POS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Urchy87

More
2 years 10 months ago #222699 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Cheers for the D series info. It’s on the cards for the next project. Not sold on it though, would need to have a good look over the old jigger. I get the feeling I’d be in it for more dollars than it would be worth and it’s not one I have a connection with to make it worth my while.

Have dropped the seat off to the upholsterer. 6-8 weeks he reckons which doesn’t concern me too much. October is when I hope to have it all done (that will likely blow out to January). Just need to finalise my parts list and get it ordered.

Cheers,
Urchy87

Adventure before Dementia.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223057 by Urchy87
Placed another order today with Rockauto. Hoping to keep cracking on with things over the next month or so. I drafted a list of things still to be done, that was a bad idea. When its written in ink the sizable task is really on display.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223059 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
One step at a time and keep niggling away at it and soon enough it is a finished project. Do't think about the list think about the job on the list and complete it.
Works for me.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

More
2 years 9 months ago #223065 by Mrsmackpaul
Someone once told me the way to tackle any job is the way you would eat a elephant, I have never eaten a elephant so I had to ask about how you eat a elephant, the answer was so simple I never saw it coming "one mouthful at a time" lol

Well its true for most jobs, just one step at a time

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #223067 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Paul

That is all right for you mature blokes. Unfortunately I am an instant gratification teenager.

Suppose it was like blokes I saw in the army on an M60 machine gun. The steady reliable ones emptied the belt in short well aimed bursts while the every dollar in the pot for the big win blokes held the trigger down until the whole 100 rounds had been sucked through in a couple of giant bursts. Don't know who did the better job, the short burst guy did a more thorough job, cleaning up all the little problems but I know who I would want beside me if all you could see was a seething wall of opposition about to pay you a visit.

The bottom line is that no job is impossible. Anything can be fixed with time and money. If you do not have one you can fix it with the other.

Urchy I think you are moving along very well.

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Lang.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223119 by Urchy87
Thanks all. I am enjoying it which is the main thing. But doing this makes me appreciate just how much work goes into a full resto at home on your own. All the power to you lot that are doing or have done it in the past. I’m not sure I’d have the dedication for a couple year long project at the moment.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds