Skip to main content

1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

More
2 years 6 months ago #226304 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
He's probably not much good unless you live in Kalgoorlie.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226305 by 600Dodge
Cobba, the bit that is going powdery is the cloth facing, it was apparently some "industrial" stuff when he sold it to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #226319 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Next time you are looking for upholstery fabric ask about the marine grade stuff. It feels softer that the normal and is only slightly more pricey.
For body deadener I have used Ormanoid for years. Last time I even bought a spray gun off Fleabay to apply it and they work a treat and make sure you clean it up propely at the end of use and it will go again and again. With Ormanoid you can go crazy and mix other ingredients with it to make it more effective. If only for deadening then sprayin it straight on. For rust proofing a mate used 1/3 Ormanoid, 1/3 Lanolin, 1/3 Fish Oil. Yep it stank as he used the real smelly fish oil and it took a few days to stop dripping off from under his Land Rover Defender which spent most of its life doing beach work but it was hard to find any rust on it.
P.S. If going down the rust proofing road with this brew you had to heat the mixture up to get it all to blend together.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Morris, Urchy87

More
2 years 6 months ago #226333 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Cobbadog, I’ve already grabbed Septone body deadener otherwise I would have given Ormonoid a go. Just read up about it a bit. Seems that if you are sensible with it it’s a good option. Interesting that you can mix the other products with it also.

Adventure before Dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 6 months ago #226334 by 600Dodge
Ive been a big ormonoid user over the years, Ive found thinning it down with a bit of turps helps it go through the spraying device easier and also lay down a bit smoother.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #226336 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
The Septone products are usually pretty good so would not worry about brand name. thinning it down so it goesthrough the gun is sometmes required or a lot more air pressue which can kill the gun if not careful.
If you prefer it to not be thinned down you just need to heat it up a bit before spraying. Remember this stuff can be brushed on as well and if applied too thick it will run and drip all over the ground or what ever is beneath.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by cobbadog.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226743 by Urchy87
Cheers guys. Hoping to get back into it over the next couple weeks now life has settled back down. Fingers crossed I’ll
Have the under carriage sorted by the end of that time frame. Need to get that done so I can move on with everything else.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 5 months ago #227276 by Urchy87
What do they say about ‘Best Laid Plans’…..arghhhh.

Too many storms and light showers were around to start the undercarriage. Wire wheeled the rims then hit them with some paint and took all the new tyres in to have them replaced. They were meant to be finished today but the tyre shop was too busy, no biggie but it would have been nice to get that ticked off before going back to work tomorrow.

I also replaced the water pump. That was somewhat painful just with the height of the rig making it difficult to get in the correct positions. Went on with no leaks. The old one sprung a leak in the what I would call weep hole. So as suspected the seals were shot. You can see the water mark where the level had been sitting for all the years it was parked up in the paddock on the impeller.

The engine seems to have developed a bit of a knock which is concerning. I noticed it the last time I started it which really was the first time it was running without other things going on so I noticed it. It was still there today so that’s not great. I’ll sort timing out properly and make sure there is no air in the coolant system causing hot spots. I’m hopeful it’s just a non thing but that would be wishful thinking. If I can work out how to load a video I’ll put it up.

Attachments:

More
2 years 5 months ago #227280 by Urchy87

More
2 years 5 months ago #227283 by 600Dodge
The knock doesn't sound too severe on the movie, just keep driving it until it expires and give the old girl the cleveland it deserves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tassie Dan

Time to create page: 0.639 seconds