Skip to main content

1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

More
2 years 5 months ago #227284 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Hard to detect the knocking in that clip. I load videos from my youtube account and post that link.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227286 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
STP/Moreys works wonders.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227290 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
600Dodge,

I should be collecting the 351C next month. Just need to get to my mates place to pick it up. If this doesn’t cause any issues getting a roadworthy it’s happy days from their.

Lang, are you referring to their oil stabiliser products.

Cobbadog, cheers. I have a YouTube account but never uploaded a vehicle. I should try that one day.

Adventure before Dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 5 months ago #227308 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Urchy

I have a number of times in the past used STP (I think no longer available) Moreys or any number of the other "Stop Smoke" treacle type products with great success.

An old gearbox with buggered synchros often comes back to life, drain the bananas out of the diff and replace with STP for much quieter and longer lasting results. Stops the early morning neighbourhood smoke screen on start-up from leaking valve guides and removes all manner of knocks and rattles from inside the engine.

It is not going to fix anything but stops it getting worse and might get you through a lot more miles than previously expected.

Lang

More
2 years 5 months ago #227311 by Urchy87
Thanks Lang. I’ll drain that oil out before too long. Was using this first change to flush it out. I’ll try some when I do the change before it hits the road. No real need to start it before then anyway.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227314 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Yes, the Morey's is good stuff.
Afterwards, the bottles are great for tickling carbies with and fuelling small engines.
Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Urchy87

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #227321 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
STP was a great product and I have also many years back tried and used a Nulon product with good results. However I dont think it would do much for the McDonald engine, they are just plain nasty things.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

More
2 years 5 months ago #227834 by Urchy87
I’ve pushed the old kingpin bushings out and looked at installing the new ones. They are AC DELCO brand. Do they still need reaming/honing these days? The new kingpins seem rather tight. Just want to clarify. If they do I will get someone to install the new bushings and ream/hone to suit at the same time instead of me putting them in.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227841 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
All depends on the design, When pressing a yellow metal bush into the swivel hub it will be compressed. Reaming is not only about getting the perfect clearance but ensuring that the bushes and bearings are in perfect alignment. It is called line reaming. You can probably get away with it as a DIY but generally best to be done by a workshop with the correct tools.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227843 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Urchy87, I'd get someone to Press them in & ream them properly Mate. As Mammoth said, that way both bushs will be in alignment..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds