Skip to main content

1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #229876 by wee-allis
What's the chance of naming the firm, so that no-one on here gets caught, at the very least.?
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by wee-allis.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #229887 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
This reminds me of a bunch of rip off merchants in Brisbane who claimed to fix worn distributors........their repairs were garbage,but because they sponsored a couple of hill climb cars these idiots were heroes to the sport car set...............BY the way,what diameter is the kingpin.....I have still got a few W&B kingpin reamers ,but pretty sure they are under 1" dia pins.................incidentally ,didja know Warren and Brown are still going ,sort of.

More
2 years 3 months ago #229888 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
You can buy good quality reamers on ebay for around $100 if you want to have a go at it yourself.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #229906 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
That certainly would be GOLD information as who the Butchers of King Pins are but can you imagine the litigation if they found out? This Forum would no longer be on air.
So a personal message to all member would side step that. :P

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by cobbadog.

More
2 years 3 months ago #229973 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Hey wee-allis. I would really like to name and shame but as cobbadog mentioned I didn’t want to throw the name up incase it caused issues but I will send it through to you in a message.

JOHN.K it’s certainly frustrating. I’m a tradey and know things go wrong but it’s the steps taken after the mess up which defines a business to me. They are 23.4mm from memory.

600Dodge, I should just buy one. It was the prodigal plan but I was in a rush and thought I was gone and hosed, yet here we are. Bugger.

Adventure before Dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 3 months ago #229974 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Hello Urchy87,
If you do purchase a reamer a guide is necessary on this job to keep the bushes aligned.
David.

More
2 years 3 months ago #229976 by Mrsmackpaul
David I didn't know you needed a guide for these reamers, I don't doubt you I have just never seen one
Could share a picture of what your talking about please
Always learning things

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #229977 by Blackduck59
If the memory is working right the reamer has a long extension on it that a sleeve slides over. The OD of the sleeve is tapered and centres in the opposite bush that you are reamimg.

Fully explained in here. www.newmantools.com/reamer/expanding.htm

Cheers Steve
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Blackduck59.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, tim, wouldyou, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
2 years 3 months ago #230032 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
wouldyou,

Yep that’s correct. I call them a pilot. There is also a cone with some of them to not only align the bushes but to keep them centered. It’s all a learning process for me. Hours of researching how to do things before doing them. As it turns out if I just purchased the gear and did it myself it would have likely been done correctly and when I wanted it done. . You live and you learn which is exactly what this project was about for me.

Adventure before Dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wouldyou, PaulFH

More
2 years 3 months ago #230033 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
The Warren and Brown king pin reamers are simple long rods with a set of teeth machined into the middle part.........there is no adjustment ,once the reamer has been driven thru the bushes ,the kingpin has correct fit.................anyhoo,from the net ,it seems the F250 has .937" dia pins,but there are also Ford sizes that are close,as the earlier twin I beam suspensions also had kingpins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.652 seconds