Skip to main content

1976 ACCO 510A STEERING COLUMN UPPER BEARING REMOVAL

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #215678 by Abbuss
76 ACCO 510A was created by Abbuss
Steering column is a bit wonky,not sure whats wot in there but it must be a bush or two. Any help with supplier source or diagram would be greatly appreciated. It is probably easy peasy to get at. Abbuss
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by hayseed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215680 by Abbuss
I have rattly windows. The runners are worn out. If anyone knows where to get the fixit bits it would be greatly appreciate .Regards Abbuss

More
3 years 6 months ago #215681 by Lang
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationJust look for "window Channel" on Ebay. Every type and size available by the metre to just glue in the old frame.

Here is the waterproof type but the old "U" shape is readily available. Just measure the frame gap and buy the channel to suit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abbuss

More
3 years 6 months ago #215684 by asw120
If the same as lighter Inters, it's a bearing. I forget if it's in the coffee pot, or the top of the column.
Mike Calcutt at Fleetparts would be able to get you one, if they are available. Would be a standard Ross / TRW part.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
3 years 6 months ago #215688 by Abbuss
Thanks Mate thats beaut I''ll check that

More
3 years 6 months ago #215689 by Abbuss
Thanks Jarrod, thats great.I shall pursue that

More
3 years 6 months ago #215690 by 180wannabe
I'm afraid i don't have a parts book for the 510, but all the larger (1610-2152) A series ACCO trucks use -

upper bearing 176 799 R91
lower bearing 864 144 R91

I realise this is not a definitive answer for you, but hope it helps.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215693 by mammoth
Bailey channel is what it is usually called. Can be either flexible to follow contour of window opening or reinforced with metal and rigid. Best to get the old one out as a sample to match as there are 100's of variations. Let us know where you are located and we can direct to a local supplier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Abbuss

More
3 years 6 months ago #215701 by Abbuss
Thanks 180wannabe at least you guys have got me going in the right direction.It is a bearing not a bush. I think I will pull it out and go from there.Thanks again Abbuss

More
3 years 6 months ago #215703 by 180wannabe
Abbuss, if you want to PM me your email address, i can email you the exploded view of the steering column from the parts book.

Brett.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds