Skip to main content

1976 ACCO 510A STEERING COLUMN UPPER BEARING REMOVAL

More
3 years 5 months ago #215704 by JOHN.K.
There is a bearing in the conventional and butterboxes made of two races of pressed tin with loose balls,races held in place with a spring.There is also a flanged plastic bush ,moulded with hollows in the walls ....maybe fits at the bottom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abbuss

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #215713 by Abbuss
Thanks Brett that would be just great. abbuss2017@gmail.com

More
3 years 5 months ago #215714 by Abbuss
Thanks JK I will ring around today

More
3 years 5 months ago #215715 by Abbuss
Thanks mammoth I found exactly the right one at Clarke Rubber Geelong it is the same as Torana..Regards Abbuss

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #216086 by Abbuss
Hi Guys I have located the Steering Column bearings at Fleet Parts thank you very much and are attempting to remove the upper bearing.
With steering wheel,retainer and spacer removed and electrics freed and aside I can move the diecast upper column component(Flange Assembly) up and down 12 mm with a heavy metal clunk both ways but it wont come any further. No sign of any screws in or out so I am at a stuck point to remove the upper bearing .The exploded diagram doesn't reveal anything.
If anyone has done one and can tell me the trick that would be great. Regards Abbuss
Addendum.I have just discovered someone has not assembled the column components correctly and thus the bearing is ok and not the problem. I will delete this post if I can. If I am not successful could it be deleted for me please.Thanks
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Abbuss.

More
3 years 5 months ago #216087 by hayseed
G'Day Abbus, I've just spliced all your Threads together , & put It in the Restoration Section. So everything related to your Truck is in 1 spot..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 5 months ago #216089 by JOHN.K.
ACCO steering colums assembled wrong/bits missing is common,so for the benefit of future repairers its good to know what is what.

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds