Skip to main content

Mobile 1's Inter D1510 354

More
2 years 9 months ago #223781 by Inter-Action
Replied by Inter-Action on topic D1510 Radiator Grille
I have a C1510 being stripped down. I know they are different , but better than a busted one. It has the molded plastic
surround for the h/lights with metal grill centre piece. Pretty sure they are same mounting dimensions.
Let me know if it's any good to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mobile 1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223783 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic D1510 Radiator Grille
Even if the Dline grilles dont get broken,they get shrinkage cracks in the plastic...I suspect it may be the same stuff as used in steering wheels .....A C line will fit ,but I think the backing part is the same kind of plastic .......anyway,dont forget to get the stainelss pieces from around the lights........Ages ago ,a young guy bought all the front ornaments stuff including the badges ,but he was expecting me to take it off for him......I already told him he could have all he could take on one day,but he said it was too hard,,broke the badges in half and went off....never to be seen again.......Had a good D line plastic over at Willawong ,Stanton took it to put on his wall .....bit of paint and it looks brand new.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223800 by projectinter
Replied by projectinter on topic D1510 Radiator Grille
I’ve recently had the grill off my C line.
The grill has never been damaged but even taking it off.. the metal pieces are attached with plastic threads on the grill which are extremely brittle and a few of them broke with hardly any force on them.
I think to find a perfect one will be pretty hard as nearly all I’ve seen have preen repaired

More
2 years 9 months ago #223802 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic D1510 Radiator Grille
Now that we have established that I dont know my ass from elbow when it comes to C and D line International grills I can possibly help with a solution :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Maybe weld it back together and join the missing parts from another busted grill in using something like this

fb.watch/6YeyxRke8y/

And then with some flexible filler type of stuff like the Sikaflexa range has you can fill the gaps on the from

On the rear side that you cant see maybe even reinforce it with some lite weight aluminium stuck in there with Sikaflexa (stuff sticks like poo to a blanket) could also use maybe a old TV aerial for the aluminum, that will keep it nice and light and allow it to flex a bit

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, Mobile 1

More
2 years 9 months ago #223805 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic D1510 Radiator Grille
I have a D-line and have successfully repaired the grill using a fibre glass repair kit. Lots of patience required.

Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, Mobile 1

More
2 years 9 months ago #223807 by Mobile 1
Replied by Mobile 1 on topic D1510 Radiator Grille
Thanks Paul, We cannot know everything, My Uncle Head Mechanic at the City of Caulfield for over 30 years told me that very thing , he said even he learned something every day even after all those years in the Heavy Vehicle industry ,I am sure you could teach many of us something Paul. Regards John.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #223837 by Mobile 1
Replied by Mobile 1 on topic D1510 Plenum Chamber
Has anyone had the need to repair rusted flemming chamber on a Inter AB/C/Dline models hence rusted floor. I have found a problem on the D1510 I just bought , I have cleaned out /washed and removed any none original add on fittings to establish the whole restoration starting point I had thoughts of cab removal or upside down welding or , welding a panel in just under the air inlet mesh in front of the windscreen blanking it off then refitting the mesh for looks, I remember my uncle's 1939 Studebaker ,vent gutter rusted out and he lead loaded it over. and opened the door vent window on a hot day, any thoughts?
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by hayseed. Reason: spelling.

More
2 years 8 months ago #223838 by Mobile 1
Replied by Mobile 1 on topic D1510 Radiator Grille
Hi Inter-Action, Did you receive my two private messages in case I messed them up.

More
2 years 8 months ago #223839 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic D1510 Flemming Chamber
Hi Mobile 1, my D-line has sheet of aluminium behind the vent effectively sealing it off from air or water. This wa done by the previous owner and it got through roadworthy like that. I haven't taken a class look to see how it was done but it appears effective.

Dennis

More
2 years 8 months ago #223842 by Mobile 1
Replied by Mobile 1 on topic D1510 Flemming Chamber
Hi IHScout, Thank You for that advice as I would have liked to repair the chamber however it might be easier to do it as yours is, mine has large holes around the plastic flap assemblies but really difficult to get at as no doubt you will be aware of, Regards

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds