Skip to main content

Laser derusting machine

More
2 years 2 months ago #230536 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Laser derusting machine
Pauls aluminium cattle trailer is interesting....it must have some super marine grade of ally,because youd expect cattle waste to dissolve ally quick smart..............I recall at one time Barry Bunn was making cattle trailers with some kind of stressed plywood design,and you wouldnt think ply would last either ......but Bunns went out of business,so maybe not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #230537 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic Laser derusting machine
What about some sort of induction welder to get the heat in and melt the rust in the rails?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, PaulFH

More
2 years 2 months ago #230565 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Laser derusting machine

Pauls aluminium cattle trailer is interesting....it must have some super marine grade of ally,because youd expect cattle waste to dissolve ally quick smart..............I recall at one time Barry Bunn was making cattle trailers with some kind of stressed plywood design,and you wouldnt think ply would last either ......but Bunns went out of business,so maybe not.

The only corrosion on the whole trailer is were the extruded aluminium meets the sheet sides and it corroded away to thin air, worse than were the extrusion met the steel
So I feel that the extrusion was the down fall of these crates, the rest of the aluminium is fine, even were it over laps there is zero corrosion

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 1 month ago #232396 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Laser derusting machine

I am beginning to suspect I might have been scammed, no sign yet.

Any Update yet Lang??

I'm Curious...!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 1 month ago #232398 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Laser derusting machine
Looks like my money went to the Whuhan Covid Research laboratory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 1 month ago #232422 by Bluey60
Replied by Bluey60 on topic Laser derusting machine
Lang you’ve heard of being on the slow boat to China the way things are it might be on the slow boat from China

More
2 years 1 month ago #232423 by Lang
Probably worked so well the bastards want to use it for one more trip to fully derust the ship.

More
2 years 1 month ago #232425 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Laser derusting machine
I reckon that was the lazer that the Chinese shone in Scotty Morrisons eyes a coupla weeks ago.......he reckoned it was military grade,and thats what they reckon on Kogan......in fact everythings military grade on Kogan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 1 month ago #232465 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Laser derusting machine
If it makes you feel any better I ordered a set of electric ramp thingos, maybe from America seeing the $99 became something around $135 by the time $A were taken into account.

At least they were nice enough to let me know my order has been acknowledged . . . :unsure:

So own up all you other people who have taken a punt on a possible great deal on line. Let's help Lang know he's not the only sucker for a bargain!?

Better still we could at least learn which ones are legit, or simply scams. :pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #232468 by Lang
It is a bottomless pit.

During the last two days I have gone on Marketplace Brisbane two or three times a day to amuse myself getting the electric scooter sellers ($99 for a $2,000 scooter) banned.

So far I have reported 38 and had them blocked. They use the same brochure photo over and over but all 38 had a different seller ID. This just Brisbane so I suppose there are about 1,000 $99 bargains available on Marketplace across Australia. I have only blocked about a dozen of the same mob on Gumtree.

I believe they ask for a deposit giving you their -stolen - drivers licence and bank details. They are away for a couple of days (until the deposit clears) The banks will deposit money with the wrong name or even no name so long as the account details are correct. The pick up address is of course the local football field or Pizza shop.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.610 seconds