Skip to main content

1975 Chevrolet C60

More
2 years 3 months ago #230051 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic 1975 Chevrolet C60
That IS a 292 as it has a bypass hose from the head down to the water pump, which is not present on the smaller sixes. Confirmation is easier on the other side with the very tall (6"+?) side plates, and fuel pump location - 250 has the fuel pump close to the distributor and roughly in line with no. 2 cylinder, whereas the 292 has the pump more in line with no. 3 cylinder and the engine mounting is further forward, between the pump and distributor. Incidentally I believe the 292 is longer than the 250 by as much as 2" also. (Been there, done that, setting up a car with a 250 and then changing to a 292.) ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, RedbullC60

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #230078 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1975 Chevrolet C60
Welcome and good luck mate. Looks like you have some good bones there to start with. Enjoy the project despite the challenges it will give you. I look forward to reading your progress.

Adventure before Dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedbullC60

More
2 years 3 months ago #230299 by RedbullC60
Replied by RedbullC60 on topic 1975 Chevrolet C60
Thanks guys, finally got the trans and engine split and looks like she has spun the centre out of the clutch. Plan is to get the flywheel skimmed and put a gasket kit through it to tidy up some oil leaks. Also if anyone can help, I noticed the park brake band needs new pad material, would this be an AU purchase or could it be sourced locally ?

More
2 years 3 months ago #230300 by Inter-Action
Replied by Inter-Action on topic 1975 Chevrolet C60
Power Brakes in Adelaide will bond new material onto your steel band. I had mine of the AB150 done late last year. From my very poor memory
it cost around $140 plus postage. They are an excellent brake repairer / supplier. Dave.

More
2 years 3 months ago #230302 by RedbullC60
Thanks for that, that’s the knowledge that makes joining a decent forum worth it. Appreciate it. Ran into a previous owner of my c60 the other day. Turns out it spent most of its early years in broken hill with a drill rig on its back before getting put to station work.

More
2 years 3 months ago #230323 by Inter-Action
Replied by Inter-Action on topic 1975 Chevrolet C60
Just came across the invoice for the brake band on my Inter. $154.00 plus $17.oo postage.
Great job and good service/ turn around time. Dave.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #232068 by RedbullC60
Hi guys, haven’t done a great deal to the old girl of late, unfortunately work takes up to much of my time. Im pulling the trans tomorrow for a tidy up and clean, replace some seals etc.. I’ve got the opportunity to purchase a 350 V8 and I’m sure I’ve read some where they have the same bolt pattern as the 292. Is this correct ? Can anyone confirm this ?
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by RedbullC60.

More
2 years 2 months ago #232072 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic 1975 Chevrolet C60
Whatever you need to do to get rid of the sixpile just do it, did you say previously the box was an NP 5 speed?

More
2 years 2 months ago #232076 by RedbullC60
Yeah mate, that’s right. Have a NP 5 speed fitted.

More
2 years 2 months ago #232079 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1975 Chevrolet C60
Supposedly all Chev housings have the same bolt pattern.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds