Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

J Type Thornycroft Restoration 10 May 2022 04:57 #234973

• blastermike
  • blastermike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 56
Graham ive had a bit of luck and been offered the front half of a j type thornycroft, it was in a cafe carpark at an old sawmill and although it has a small tin roof over it has been deteriorating in the elements, i knew the owners father years ago and had expressed interest in saving it and to restore it back into a truck, ive added a few pictures for you, one is a bit blurry, im waiting on some more pictures soon hopefully, theres also the diff and rear wheels and just the 2 front wheels and the original fueltank stored in a shed, so these parts will go a long way to helping me restore the j type chassis i have
Hope you find this of interest
Mike
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120

Please Log in to join the conversation.

J Type Thornycroft Restoration 10 May 2022 08:40 #234979

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 930
Blastermike,
Yes I found the pictures of the J type interesting. Did I tell you that there used to be, 50 years ago, a Thornycroft, possibly a J Type on display at a property called Thornycroft Orchard, about half way along the inland road, not the coastal road, between Napier and Hastings? They were very proud of an apple tree on which they had grafted many different varieties of apple. The place is probably no longer an orchard and may be covered with houses.
Morris.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

J Type Thornycroft Restoration 10 May 2022 11:37 #234986

• blastermike
  • blastermike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 56
Yeh graham ive actually got the remains of the thornycroft orchards parts trucks which are the remains of 3 BT trucks from the early 20’s
The original truck is still in running condition and ive been to see it a few times, its only 1 1/2 hrs drive from me
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558