Skip to main content

1971 C1100

More
1 year 9 months ago #236646 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1971 C1100
That braided (served?) flexible fuel line is almost certain to give you trouble. They look great on the outside, but suck air causing you no end of grief (rubber is usually perished). There is one at the tank end, as well. Best replaced by rubber (you can re-use the ends) and run an earth wire to the tank so the fuel gauge works.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, COFFMAN

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #236649 by COFFMAN
Replied by COFFMAN on topic 1971 C1100

That braided (served?) flexible fuel line is almost certain to give you trouble. They look great on the outside, but suck air causing you no end of grief (rubber is usually perished). There is one at the tank end, as well. Best replaced by rubber (you can re-use the ends) and run an earth wire to the tank so the fuel gauge works.

Jarrod.
Good info Jarrod ... i know the tank one is U/S... mine have crimped ends... yes i still could reuse the ends. But have a bit more time up my sleeve to sort them out as i still haven't got over my radiator shock... lol... On a positive note picked up my machined inlet/exhaust manifold this afternoon and should receive a box of goodies tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #237836 by COFFMAN
Hi all, hoping someone can identify these gear boxes... I have a parts truck D line... was after a good gear box hump. As my Cline was original 3 on the tree and suspect push pedal hand break on the kick panel. So when the gear box changed to floor shift the hole for the hand break wasn't cut that neat. So no problem i.ll pull the hump out of the D line thinking it would be all original.... but not to be... As the hole has been altered to accommodate gear box.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by COFFMAN.

More
1 year 8 months ago #237837 by COFFMAN
Pic of gear box in D line Also have another gear box that looks the same ...

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #237838 by COFFMAN
The gear box that was in the C line
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by COFFMAN.

More
1 year 8 months ago #237839 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic 1971 C1100
Looks at first glance to be a New Process NP435, standard 4 speed for light Inters.
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, COFFMAN

More
1 year 8 months ago #237840 by COFFMAN
The D line box or the Cline box Dave ? just a little confused as the D Line dose not seem to have the original box.. with the hump mods..

More
1 year 8 months ago #237841 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic 1971 C1100
What model is the D Line, and what motor is in it?

More
1 year 8 months ago #237842 by COFFMAN
Its a 282 engine..... Arrrr model ... it has 5 stud car type rims... lol... sorry Dave never took any notice

More
1 year 8 months ago #237843 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic 1971 C1100
Ah ok, i asked as sometimes when something like a Perkins has been fitted, depending on how it was done, the gearbox ends up further back than standard, and the gear stick hole in the floor gets cut bigger toward the back, but that shouldn't be the case with what you have. It really shouldn't be the case with a D Line anyhow, but is common with older models.

The handbrake bracket on the spare oily gearbox looks like it might be for a cable operated handbrake setup?, if that helps you to determine what model it might suit to help identify it.

Is the top on the C Line gearbox different from the other two? It appears to be, but hard to tell.

I'm afraid i don't know enough about the 4 speed boxes to identify them by sight.

Brett.

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds