Skip to main content

1968 Tandem lazy axle Bedford KL Truck

More
12 years 9 months ago #58365 by Les
Does anyone know the load weights for this truck. Tare, agricate and GCM. 10 oo drives 9 oo on the lazy. As my cab has been changed I do not have the origanal specification plate. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #58366 by mammoth
I believe you are talking about what is more commonly known as a TK type. Early model numbers were KC=3 ton; KD= 5 ton; KE= 6 ton; KF= 7 ton. Don't know what KL is under this system. The model numbers were changed around 1968 with three letters and a number. Your rear bogie may have been an after market fitting. The KM was a much heavier model altogether and was sometimes fitted with the Detroit 6/53..

More
12 years 9 months ago #58367 by kenny-mopar
often the RTA bangs a 22.5 ton gvm on bogie or lazy rear end trucks .. but often some old bogies like the bedfords and dodges in reality only had something like a 18 ton GVM from the factory . . and the upside they do have a light tare weight though

More
12 years 9 months ago #58368 by Jumbo
Whos lazy suspension is under it? A brewery in Sydney had a lot of there single drive Bedfords converted to lazy (Permatrak) to stop overloading in the mid 70/s

RFW # 116 - 4x2

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #58369 by kenny-mopar
i can remember those trucks ..most had a 6V53 some were fitted from new i believe though im sure others will doubt that
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by kenny-mopar.

More
12 years 9 months ago #58370 by Fuller-Vit
KL Bedford may have been the KGL C3
But I etc

In the beginning God created Seddon and ERF

More
12 years 9 months ago #58371 by Les
Thank you everyone for replying. I really need to know the correct weights as the traffic authority here in WA will only licence it to carry 7 ton when it should be 17. I need to have it changed, but they will not do it unless I have evidence to prove my claim. Does anyone know anyone who can help me? Cheers Les

More
12 years 9 months ago #58372 by Chocs
You need to take it to an engineer that deals with road transport..
He will do the sums for you and plate the vehicle accordingly..
In Victoria i pay around 1200 for our bloke to do the job
chocs 8-)

More
12 years 9 months ago #58373 by ianoz
I do stand to be corrected , I doubt the carrying capasity would be 17 tons , More like the gross weight .. A friend had a tandem drive Leyland boxer .GVM was a bit over 17 ton .Tare weight was 7 ton ,Giving him a 10 ton load .

More
5 years 6 months ago #196305 by HARDSHAR
I have just acquired a 1968 TK Bedford Tipper with a Transpec lazy axle. The Tare is 5690 Aggregate 22400. It is fitted with a 401 Leyland, 5 speed Turner box and 2 speed diff.
My question is this, can the lazy be adjusted as it is 50 mm out on one side which is causing the rear tyres to scrub.
Many thanks for any info. Kevin.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds