Skip to main content

A is for Austin

More
12 years 8 months ago #60726 by Speedy
A is for Austin was created by Speedy
Que up for story time folks and grab a coffee or two :P ...

My uncle bought an Austin truck for use on his farm from a clearing sale many moons ago and done a little bit of work carting materials for his new place from Euroa to Miepol. About 15 years ago the head gasket started leaking, thus resulting in it being parked up under a tree where a start was made on fixing it but never got past taking the manifold off, and removing the thermostat.

Early last year I got an E27N Fordson tractor, and as we all know these tractors don't go places very fast so the need for a truck sometime in the future to take it to engine rallies was only natural. Having talked about tractors, engines etc... at one of THEM family gatherings I was offered the truck to have a play with. In early June this year the Austin finally appeared in the back yard, with work continuing on the tractor.

As things would have it, these Austins have a habbit of breeding like them Grey Ferguson tractors. One ol fella was walking by our place and spotted the Austin in the sideyard and got yarning to Dad and suddenly we now have another Austin for parts. Then whilst sending Dad to Dookie with parts from the Fordson for engineering/machining he got pointed to a property where the scrappies are due to do their thing. At said property he stumbled across yet another bloody Austin truck in a shed in good condition with new tyres and settled on a price.

Cue the pictures....

This is the truck I got from my Uncle, #256424

And this is the 'parts' truck, #236617

I haven't seen the third Austin yet but it should be coming home in the next couple of weeks. With a bit of luck I might have time Saturday afternoon after work to have a look at it.
I'm unsure what model these 2 are and am lead to believe early 50's vintage???? Anyone with anymore pictures, information or stories would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #60727 by Snaws2
Replied by Snaws2 on topic Re: A is for Austin
I think they changed the bonnets to have the slots in them around 54.

If you end up with a spare set of seats/frames I would be happy to take them off your hands

Snaws

1952 Austin Loadstar&&&&Outside of a dog

More
12 years 8 months ago #60728 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: A is for Austin
Loadstar, mate. Great story.

Here's some pics of K2s and K4s:

ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/p563155802

ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/p664828237

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
12 years 8 months ago #60729 by Aussiehooker
Replied by Aussiehooker on topic Re: A is for Austin
hi speedy thats a great find and looks pretty good the spares will make it home the way i suggested next time im down your way i found another austin grazing in a paddock with a grain bin on it there is another with a crane and another sitting on a dam bank near home tell you next time im down your way don

More
12 years 8 months ago #60730 by Dingodan
Replied by Dingodan on topic Re: A is for Austin
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHere's one at Murray Lands SA that is heading for China if not sold.......

More
12 years 8 months ago #60731 by Dingodan
Replied by Dingodan on topic Re: A is for Austin
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAnd here is one that is GOLD PLATED! ! ! ! !(under all the paint and rust)
Gotta love the wooden fence paling bumper though.... :D

12 years 8 months ago #60732 by
Replied by on topic Re: A is for Austin
The truck in Murraylands SA is great buy for some one who wants good looking truck and is still at good price to get it home and start on it . Dave

12 years 8 months ago #60733 by
Replied by on topic Re: A is for Austin
good story and picks..yes that one in sa would be good..be a shame to see it go to scrap..pitty its so far away..as most of the cheep stuff is for me :)

More
12 years 8 months ago #60734 by Speedy
Replied by Speedy on topic Re: A is for Austin
On Saturday I got out to Dookie and picked up the front end for the Fordson, a Cooper shearing plant and had a look at this Austin out there. From what I can figure out the one me uncle gave me is a K4 whilst the other 2 are K2's.

Now for the fun bit, getting them home :D

More
12 years 7 months ago #60735 by Speedy
Replied by Speedy on topic Re: A is for Austin
Its home, its home. Yesterday we loaded up the Austin at Dookie onto my uncles AB180 and got it home. Other than this not much has happened of late. A brand new head gasket, manifold gasket and rocker cover gasket have also turned up. Every little bit is progress I spose, can't wait for daylight savings and warmer days.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds