Skip to main content

Ford Thames?

More
12 years 1 month ago #77490 by Beddy42
Ford Thames? was created by Beddy42
Hi All
Have a mate on a farm that has an old Ford Thames. Has anyone ever heard of them and can you tell me a bit more about them?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #77491 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Ford Thames?
GA/Day Beddy42
Fordthames had a side valve V8 in 1940s and 1950s ,there is one here in Berrigan which has a deisel in it 1960s.Have driven a 1950s one but much rather drive a inter ;)That will make the English make owners :'( ;)
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
12 years 1 month ago #77492 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Ford Thames?
They used the same cab made by Briggs as (english) dodge and leyland Comet with detail differences. There were a lot around in their day but very few seem to have survived. Ford bought Briggs so the other makers were cut out of that option.

More
12 years 1 month ago #77493 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Ford Thames?
Saw a pug nose Ford Thames recently, with a 6 cylinder motor, had the spark plugs on the right side, wondered if it was a Zephyr 6 car motor. David.

More
12 years 1 month ago #77494 by HARDSHAR
Replied by HARDSHAR on topic Re: Ford Thames?
Hi Beddy 42, The Fordson Thames had the Briggs body and these are a different truck to the Ford Thames Trader which to my knowledge never had a v8 fitted.
I have a 1949 Fordson Thames which is currrently under restoration and it is fitted with the flat head v8. There are not many restored in Australia but quite a lot in the UK. I know of at least 10 in NSW. 1 is restored and on the road 3 are in good order but not on the road and the other 6 all need restoring. In the UK they had the v8 a 4cyl petrol and a 4 cyl diesel fitted. All the ones i know of have the v8. I might be biased but i think they are a great looking truck. Hope this info is some use to you.
Cheers Hardshar. :) :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #77495 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Ford Thames?
There is one in Blackburn South (Victoria) that belongs to a club member. Another club member about 30 miles had this one but it has since been sold on. Here it is before being sold on

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
12 years 1 month ago #77496 by Beddy42
Replied by Beddy42 on topic Re: Ford Thames?
Thanks Guys
This one also has the flat head ford. It is sitting behind his woolshed. I dont know what order it is in but do you think it is worth nabbing?

More
12 years 1 month ago #77497 by rusty russ
Replied by rusty russ on topic Re: Ford Thames?
if the motor is any good would be worth having
Rusty

More
12 years 1 month ago #77498 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Ford Thames?
Asking if it is worth saving is a bit like asking if the Pope is Catholic.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 1 month ago #77499 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Ford Thames?
Iz he

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds