Skip to main content

International AR-110 Information

More
14 years 10 months ago #9133 by wheelnuts
Can someone please help me with some info, I recently have come into possession of a international AR- 110 flat bed truck.
My intention is to resore it, but I would love to no if any one can tell me any thing about this truck, including the year of manufacture.
Where I can source parts for it would also be helpful.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9134 by bparo
The AR was produced between 1952 and 1955. By Mid 1955 they had a new cab with a one-piece windscreen.

Mechanical parts were used by International for years until the late 1970's so not that hard to find as later models will often fit (eg distributor - the original dizzy caps are almost impossible but a later 6-cylinder distributor will fit and the caps are easy to get)

Body wise parts turn up on eBay and I have also got them at Bendigo Swap Meet. May I suggest you join a club as their members will normally help fellow members out.

The first six letters/digits of the engine number will tell you the sort of motor eg ASD220 means Australian Silver Diamond of 220 cubic inches. SD220 is the Americam equivalent.

All silver diamonds need to have their tappet adjustments at specs or they will cause exhaust valves to burn out. I can email you a scan of the page from the manual. if you are interested pm me your email address.

The manuals cover all AL/AR series trucks and pop up on eBay every couple of months at prices ranging from $50 to $300.

I hope that starts you off

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 10 months ago #9135 by grahamjb
I am trying to find a supplier for AR-110 door rubber, windscreen rubber and rear cab and side window rubber - can annyone help please?

More
14 years 10 months ago #9136 by bparo
I was told that Clark Rubber had them, A friend also recognised the chrome runners between the quarter vent and side windows as being the same as his mum's HQ monaro (Whether they are identical or just append to be similar I don't know

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 10 months ago #9137 by Coupeute
Search scotts old auto rubber. I bought a lot for my AL110. Cant tell you how they fitted, still in the box!!! Work keeps getting in the way. They are in Vic.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
14 years 10 months ago #9138 by grahamjb
Thanks - i will check out Scotts old auto rubber :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #9139 by grahamjb
Guys
Scotts old auto rubber can only supply one of the door rubbers and Clarke rubber in Perth only stocks new car rubber.

Any other Australian suppliers would be appreciated.

Also, can someone who has an AR-110 make an imprint of the AR-110 Series emblem on the side of the vehicle and send it to me so that I can make up two new emblems.

When I have made imprints I cover the emblem with glad wrap and press premixed body filler over the emblem and leave in place until the filler sets. When dry you can easily remove the filler because the glad wrap lets go.

If the emblem is still on the vehicle you need to contain the filler in a container such as a cut down toilet roll and keep the container firmly pressed against the car body until the filler sets. I wedge a piece of wood or similar against the toilet roll to stop it moving.

My address is 6 Lincoln Road Morley. Perth WA 6062

Thanks
Graham

More
14 years 10 months ago #9140 by Coupeute
I bought some other rubbers from Restoration Specialties in the USA when the dollar was a bit healthier. They had rubbers for the pop up front vent etc. They also do repro gloveboxes.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9141 by grahamjb
I have a copy of the Restoration Specialties catalogue which doesn't have two of the rubber profiles that I require and have just received some information from John's Classic Auto Replacements in Tasmania that looks promising.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9142 by Coupeute
That sounds promising. May need to look into the same thing in the distant future. Had a look around my AR120, no headlight rings. As for the badges, I can only do an AL110 mould.If you are looking for the INTERNATIONAL badges, there are 2 on Ebay in townsville at the moment.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds