Skip to main content

International Loadstar

More
16 years 5 months ago #698 by GM Diesel

Does anyone know where or anyone with a wrecked F1800 Inter tandem drive loadstar ?
Im looking for a left hand back wheel brake shoe mounting spider for S cam brakes.
This is the same part number as used on the R190's with 6" shoes.
Any leads appreciated....im getting desperate now. :'(

Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #699 by Andy Wright
Baz, have you tried the Katich boys up West Swan Road? They've got a couple of Loadstars sitting around and seem to have a bit of gear there too.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 8 months ago #700 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: International Loadstar
you could try Bribbaree truck wreckers central NSW he would have boned out a few of them over the years 0263832305 --0427 832305
GOOD LUCK :)

More
15 years 8 months ago #701 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: International Loadstar
If the loadstar is the same as the transtar, Midlands Truck Spares Bendigo. 5446 8722 have a transtar some adventurer chopped into bits to deliver for wrecking back end was complete when I was last there. They seem to have a fair range of inter stuff in any case.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
15 years 8 months ago #702 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: International Loadstar
Actually I recall another bloke who may be likely to be able to help too, Ray Kelly, Wellington NSW (02) 68451638 or 0428636914.... truck and tractor repairs. His yard is like a museum of the late 50's to 80's, he had many inters, it was worth the drive, just to have a look.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 8 months ago #703 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: International Loadstar
MAH
the Loadstar was a Aus made inter mainly for the agitator market delivering wet concrete sum had v6-53 series GM motors where the Transtar was a bonneted V: of the imported COE inter th@ could compete with KW etc

but eye do stand 2 B corrected

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
15 years 8 months ago #704 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: International Loadstar
The Loadstar was a US model, imported CKD and assembled at Dandenong as far as I know. It was sold over here as a basic 6x4 mainly for agitators. There was also a more powerful version called the Fleetstar which we didnt get.
Not sure why IH didnt build a 6x4 version of their own bonneted C series,( like Dodge did )

More
15 years 8 months ago #705 by Bono
Replied by Bono on topic Re: International Loadstar
Dont know is this is any help, but theres a bloke in Campbellfield deals in second hand truck parts. At the the time arranged to buy truck body but remember this very big warehouse full of gear. Keep one busy for ages
Dont know if he'd have what ur after but may be worth a shot.

F & M Darmanin

More
15 years 8 months ago #706 by Andy Wright
Any progress, Barry?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 8 months ago #707 by GM Diesel
Thanks you all for the leads. I found the bracket back in april so im out of trouble. The recent leads are good to know though for other bits and pieces.
From what Ive been able to work out Loadstars were as you say Pete brought here in bits and assembled. Some were assembled in WA at one stage. There werent to many with the 6V-53 here mostly were 392 petrols with 5 x 3 trans setup.
Although most of the surviving ones are the detroit ones.
As swishy said most of them did agi work with the 392. The few with the detroits seemed to do all sorts of jobs. If any one ever asks you to work on a gull wing bonnet loadstar with the detroit christmas shopping with the cook will be more fun.
Just to throw a spanner in the works there are some Fleetstars still around in WA. The three I know of all have 478 V8 petrols.
There is an eccentric gent over here with two fleetstars and twelve loadstars. Three loady's are left hook that came from the US navy base.
From the distance your hard pressed to tell the difference between the Loadstar and fleetstar. Slightly different bonnet and front guards.
Pete I wonder if Inters thought they had the heavier trucks covered with the ACCO's and thats why they didnt make a C & D twin screw...wouldve sold heaps if they did make them I reckon.
Same guy that made the decision not to was probibly the same guy that decided not to tilt the cab on the early ACCO's. ;D
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds